I2P Chat AKA I2P Qt Messenger
Updates now go here
https://github.com/i2pchat/i2pchat has new important fixes
Note: this repo is being eventually migrated to https://github.com/i2pchat/i2pchat which should be considered as the main. This repo is deprecated.
- The communication goes «directly over i2p» from client to client, no server is required. Note: The connections to the so-called «seedless» servers were removed from this project ; see : https://github.com/nonlinear-chaos-order-etc-etal/i2pchat/issues/40 . —hypn.
How to run it
You need to enable SAM in your router on java i2p configclients page or i2pd's i2pd.conf [sam] section to make I2P Chat work over your I2P router.
Since version 0.3.1
When building this, make sure you do not define
DEBUGLOGGING. If you do define it, the app will log debug info (which includes all chat messages) to
configdir/DebugLog.txt if set
General group in the app's configuration. See
form_settingsgui.cpp for more details on
DEBUGLOGGING. All versions < 0.3.1 are affected by this and are less secure.
Project status, news and history
Now the development was resumed by Hypnosis-i2p and R4SAS, with a lot more folks as testers & bugs+issues reporters.
5 Jan, 2017: Original repo at http://git.repo.i2p/w/I2P-Messenger-QT.git was fully merged here.
Past. Original developer of this messenger went away.
Present. Hypnosis is continuing his work and the work of I2P folks (of Echelon, KYTV et al); the work is being done in a very low priority mode.
The license of this software is GPLv2.
- Install prerequisites:
sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake qt5-default build-essential libqt5multimedia5 qtmultimedia5-dev
- Run qmake for either release:
qmake I2P-Messenger.pro "CONFIG += release"
or for debug:
qmake I2P-Messenger.pro "CONFIG += debug"
- And after that,
Old files and sites
- http://echelon.i2p/qti2pmessenger/macos → Mac OS X versions, not tested;
- http://echelon.i2p/qti2pmessenger/ → old eche|on's site for I2P Chat (versions up to 0.2.24);
- https://launchpad.net/~i2p.packages/+archive/ubuntu/i2p/+sourcepub/4824794/+listing-archive-extra → Kill Your TV's PPA (v.0.2.25).
- http://git.repo.i2p/w/I2P-Messenger-QT.git/shortlog → original repo (fully merged into this /i2pchat)
- Forum thread (English) → http://forum.i2p/viewtopic.php?t=2474 (link is obsolete; forum is down since long ago)
List of relevant repositories
I created two repos:
- legacy i2p messenger files https://github.com/nonlinear-chaos-order-etc-etal/I2PQtMessengerLegacy
- for development https://github.com/nonlinear-chaos-order-etc-etal/i2pchat .
 http://forum.i2p/viewtopic.php?p=11071#11071 (link is obsolete; forum is down since long ago)