We people who are changing the world.
Sign up for a non-profit account on us.
Who is this for?
GitHub nonprofit accounts are designed for official nonprofit organizations and charities that are nongovernment, nonacademic, noncommercial, nonpolitical in nature, and have no religious affiliation. Qualifying nonprofits are eligible for an Organization account with unlimited private repositories and unlimited users.
How can my organization get a discount?
- Create your free personal account.
- Create an organization with five users (you will be able to add more once we've confirmed your non-profit status).
and include the following information:
- Your nonprofit’s GitHub organization account name
- Your nonprofit's GitHub organization URL
- Proof of your nonprofit status with your local government (501(c)(3) status in the )
- The registered name of your nonprofit
- A summary of what your nonprofit organization does
- Confirmation that your organization is nongovernment, nonacademic, noncommercial, nonpolitical and has no religious affiliation
If you’re an academic institution, we have special plans available for you.