Wowza Edge-Origin architecture configurator
The following scripts configure Amazon EC2 instances, with pre-configured Wowza Media Server 3.5.2 for an edge-origin nDVR streaming setup.
The scripts perform the following configurations on the instances:
- Setup liverepeater-origin and liverepeater-edge. More info at http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?306
- Configure secure publishing from an RTMP encoder. More info at http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?233
- Add Dynamic Load Balancing to the "origin" server. More info at http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?108
- Amazon EC2 account
- At least two running instances (a "origin" and an "edge")
- Wowza Media Server "lickey" license
The scripts have been tested with ami-7c868f08 (EU region)
The general use case of the script is to initially configure an origin server, as well as a number of edge servers. During a live video streaming of an event, an operator could add more edge servers if necessary, to reduce the load on the rest of the edge servers.