Riak Dev Cluster for Ubuntu 12.x
Easily run a 5-node Riak cluster on Ubuntu 12.x.
- The names of the nodes are riak[1-5]@127.0.0.1
- The HTTP port of riak1 is 11098: http://127.0.0.1:11098
- Riak Control (Admin UI) is available here: https://admin:firstname.lastname@example.org:11098/admin
- All nodes use the eleveldb storage backend to support secondary indexes
- Please see riak[1-5]/etc/app.config for the other ports and settings
Clone the repository:
$ git clone git://github.com/nopolabs/riak-dev-cluster.git
Go to the riak-dev-cluster directory:
$ cd riak-dev-cluster
There is a bootstrap command available that installs, starts and joins the riak cluster in one go:
$ rake bootstrap
The install target will download and build a copy of Riak from source.
You should have Erlang installed first. Consult http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/tutorials/installation/Installing-on-Debian-and-Ubuntu/#Installing-Riak-From-Source for details.
Start all nodes:
$ rake start
Join all nodes as a cluster (only needed once):
$ rake join
Stop all nodes:
$ rake stop
Clear all data and restart the cluster:
$ rake clear
See all available commands:
$ rake -T
Depending on your erlang cookie, you may have to use the commands with
This repo was cloned from an OS/x version at https://github.com/simonvc/riak-dev-cluster
I have editted the Rakefile to support Ubuntu 12.x.
See https://github.com/simonvc/riak-dev-cluster for the OS/x version.