Why OpenBSD rocks
The idea is to create a website that shows great things in OpenBSD to people interested in using it.
I have personally been using OpenBSD since 2012. Every now and then (at conferences, the office, the local hackerspace) people are asking:
“You are using OpenBSD? Why?”
There are a bazillion things that are great about OpenBSD. The people, the philosophy and the technology.
Everyone is free to create a PR and this project relies on help! I'm not an expert on everything and facts may be missing, have typos or are wrong.
Feel free to open PRs for:
- New facts
- Fix typos
- Add additional references to existing facts
- Layout / CSS / HTML changes
- Correct claims in fact descriptions
- Everything else you can think of
to be added as facts:
- Unwind DNS Resolver https://twitter.com/jedisct1/status/1088834526053167104?s=21
- malloc sysctl (former malloc.conf)
- patched dhclient and priv sep
- only 1 utf-8 locale - C.UTF-8
- arc4random(3) - OpenBSD manual pages
- consistency in configuration files
- RETGUARD Stack protector https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=152824407931917&w=2
- clang as default compiler on certain architectures
- /etc/examples/ !