Add custom tooltips in Gravity Forms.
Note: Version 2.0.0 has numerous changes from previous versions, including a switch to using the hint.css library by Kushagra Gour and removing all JS requirements. It may not be compatible with current implementations, please backup and test before updating any production sites.
How does it work?
- Install and activate the plugin
- Under the main "Forms" admin menu, select "Tooltips"
- Make any changes to your settings and press save
- Create a new form or edit an existing form
- Select the individual field you want to add a tooltip to
- Under the "Advanced" tab, enter the tooltip content
The field is not showing. Why?
Look at the
show_field_item_types function to see which fields types are included. Also, there may be another plugin conflicting with the field setup. Beyond that I do not know.
Can I use HTML inside the tooltips?
For the most part, no. The tooltips can display linebreaks, but you'll need to use the HTML entity
and not a
<br> for it to work.
Copyright (c) 2013 Andrew Norcross Licensed under the MIT license.