Content Guidelines for the nor. Service
You must ensure that your content, including but not limited to titles, texts, images, videos, and annotations for your curation, does not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any third party.
Guidelines for Storing Stories
- any Story that is defamatory or infringes a third party 's intellectual property, publicity, privacy or likeness rights;
- any Story that is advertisement or marketing content, unless you have received prior written approval from Nordot;
- any Story that is already being published as third-party content; provided that in the case of appropriately licensed third-party content, Nordot may determine in its sole discretion to accept such Story after confirming there will be no duplicate Story within the Service, especially from the originating publisher;
- any Story that violates (or in the sole judgment of Nordot appears likely to violate) any laws or regulations, or offends public order and morals; and
- any Story that does not conclude by itself.
You may include web page links in the body of your Story text if the links are relevant and serve the intellectual curiosity and interests of the readers, provided that you follow the link guidelines in the next sentence. Nordot reserves the right to, at any time, remove and/or forbid certain links or categories of links in its sole and absolute discretion.
You may include the following types of web links:
- links to another content that was already a part of your content and been distributed through your website before you began using the Service;
- links to your own database hosted on your website, containing information such as someone's profile or work;
- links to a relevant content distributed via a third-party website;
- links to relevant content on Wikipedia, official government websites or any reference sources that educational institutions may offer; and
- affiliate links to specific publications related to your Story.
You may NOT include any of the following types of web links:
- any link to another content that became a part of your content and available through your website AFTER you began using the Service;
- any link to the same article or a substantially identical article on your website;
- any link that is not relevant to the content of the applicable Story;
- any link that is intended to increase traffic to, or the search engine ranking of, your own website (such as, for illustrative purposes, links placed at the end of the Story or between paragraphs);
- an excessive (as determined by Nordot in its sole discretion) number of affiliate links within product, brand or service reviews or similar types of content;
- any links to content that violates (or in the sole judgment of Nordot appears likely to violate) any laws or regulations, or offends public order or morals; or
- any links that do not take users to the relevant full Story page upon clicking "read the full story " button.
Guidelines for Curating Stories
- to change or modify the Lead-in; and
- to save the Lead-in and continue to use it without reflecting applicable updates, modifications, or deletions by the applicable Publisher. You must configure the system through which you use the Lead-ins so that any update, modification or deletion of the Lead-in will be reflected via such system.
- a link text/button/area to the full Story page is placed distant from a Lead-in;
- a link text/button/area to the full Story page that is not easily identifiable due to its size or color;
- a link text/button/area to the full Story page that contains incentives or affiliate links such as a point reward;
- a Story title of a Lead-in is not hyperlinked with tag; and
- In order for User to get to the full Story page, he/she is required to tap/click a redirect button more than twice, counting from the first page where the curation is originating from such as, including but not limited to, a website, an app, and SNS.
The following uses of curated Story from the Service are prohibited:
- overuse of Lead-ins of a particular Publisher such that readers are likely (in the sole judgment of Nordot) to confuse your media for part of the official media of the Publisher;
- use of Lead-ins that creates the impression you are the Publisher, or operation under a misleading name;
- use of Lead-ins of a particular publisher after being disapproved by the publisher and such a notification is sent in connection with the Service
- use anything more than the Lead-in (meaning, with respect to the applicable Story, the title, the first 100 characters of the body text, one image and copyright information), such as, for illustrative purposes, a quotation, unless such use is permitted as fair use under applicable copyright law; and
- use of images from Lead-ins without serving the purpose of directing users to the full Story page.
The following annotations of Curation are prohibited:
- any annotation that, in the sole judgment of Nordot, is defamatory or infringes a third party 's intellectual property, publicity, privacy or likeness rights;
- any annotation that, in the sole judgment of Nordot, constitutes advertising or marketing content for the Publisher or any third party;
- any annotation that is already being published as a third party 's content; and
- any annotation that violates any laws or regulations, or offends public order or morals.
We will review all reports and remove any content that we determine, in our sole discretion, violates these rules or applicable law.