Texas Tribune News Apps Generator
PLEASE NOTE: This is still very much in development. Your mileage my vary until we hit
- Automatic CSS prefixing with autoprefixer
- Built in preview server with LiveReload
- Automatic compiling of Sass/SCSS with grunt-contrib-sass (requires Ruby + Sass)
- Automatic wiring of installed Bower components with grunt-wiredep
- Built in image optimization via grunt-contrib-imagemin
And so much more! Please take a look at each generator's
Gruntfile.js to learn more about what's possible.
$ npm install -g generator-tt-newsapps
So what do you wanna create? Are you developing a web app or a web graphic? The command you run will differ depending on your needs.
The web app generator is the default. Create the folder you want your project to live in then run the following command inside of it.
$ yo tt-newsapps
If you are creating a web graphic, use this command instead.
$ yo tt-newsapps:graphics
After installing, run
grunt serve to preview what you generator has set up. Now get to work! When it comes time to ship to production, use
grunt build to prepare
Licensed under the MIT License.