addon for: Blender version 2.80 and above. For 2.79 see special installation instruction.
current sverchok version: Find version in addon settings or in the node Sverchok panel
prerequisites: While sverchok is fundamentally self contained, it does require Python 3.6+, and
numpy. Both of these are included in recent versions of Blender (precompiled binaries are convenient for this), and do not require any additional steps by the user to obtain. We have added optional nodes that make use of additional libraries; if you have them, Please refer to wiki page for list of such dependencies and instructions for their installation.
manual: In English - This is an introduction to Sverchok and contains 3 lessons, and documentation on almost all nodes. If anything isn't clear (or missing) in this document please ask about it on the Issue Tracker, we want to get these lessons right and you can help us!
Sverchok is a powerful parametric tool for architects, allowing geometry to be programmed visually with nodes. Mesh and geometry programming consists of combining basic elements such as:
- lists of indexed Vectors representing coordinates (Sverchok vectors are zero based)
- lists of grouped indices to represent edges and polygons.
- matrices (user-friendly rotation-scale-location transformations)
- scalar and vector fields
Comes with more than 500 nodes to help create and manipulate geometry. Combining these nodes will allow you to:
- do parametric constructions
- easily change parameters with sliders and formulas
- power nodes such as: Profile parametric, UVconnect, Generative art, Mesh expression, Proportion edit, Wafel, Adaptive Poligons (tissue vectorized), Adaptive edges, ExecNodeMod, Vector Interpolation series of nodes, List manipulators, CSG Boolean, Bmesh ops, Bmesh props, etc.
- do cross sections, extrusions, other modifications with hight level flexible parametrised and vectorised node tools
- calculate areas, volume, and perform other geometric analysis
- make or import CSV tables or custom formats
- use Vector fields, create them, visualize data
- even code your own custom nodes in python with Scripted node
- make your own 'addons' on node layouts and utilise them with Sverchok 3dview panel in your everyday pipeline
- access to Blender Python API (bpy) with special Set and Get nodes
- upgrade Sverchok with pressing one button
- using genetic algorythm in your workflow
- and much, much more!
Install Sverchok as you would any blender addon.
Installation from Preferences
Download Sverchok archive (zip) from github
User Preferences > Addons > install from file > choose zip-archive > activate flag beside Sverchok
Enable permanently in the startup.blend using
Ctrl + Uand
Save User Settingsfrom the Addons menu.
Upgrade Sverchok on fly
Check for new versionin sverchok panel in node editor (press
At the end press F8 to reload add-ons. In NodeView the new version number will appear in the N-panel.
Sverchok provides a lot of useful features out-of-the-box that don't require you to install anything extra, but we do provide additional nodes and scripts that make use of so called "3rd party" libraries like:
- marching cubes
Instructions regarding their installation is found at this wiki page
Troubleshooting Installation Errors
If you are installing from a release zip, please be aware that if it contains a folder named
sverchok-master.x.y.z, you will need to rename that folder to
sverchok-master because folder names with dots are not valid python package names. But it's best to just name it
If you are installing from a release found here, these files contain folders that have the dots mentioned in the previous point. These versioned release zips are not meant for installing from, but rather can be used to try older versions of Sverchok when you are using older .blend files and older Blender versions. Don't use these release zips if you are installing sverchok for the first time.
Errors during "install" or "enable" in preferences
if an error is raised like:
NameError: name 'nodes' is not defined
then exit Blender and restart Blender. This time also activate Sverchok by checking the tickbox, but give it as long as it needs to initialize the add-on. It's a complicated Add-on and might take up to 10 seconds to enable (depends on how fast your machine is and how much ram you have).
Other reasons for failing:
In case Sverchok still fails to install, we've compiled a list of reasons and known resolutions here. Please let us know if you encounter other installation issues.
If you update with update button in sverchok panel it can raise an error if you renamed a folder, so follow this (a bootstrap script you can run from TextEditor)
Contact and Credit
- Alexander Nedovizin,
- Nikita Gorodetskiy,
- Linus Yng,
- Agustin Gimenez,
- Dealga McArdle,
- Konstantin Vorobiew,
- Ilya Protnov,
- Eleanor Howick,
- Walter Perdan,
- Marius Giurgi,
- Ivan Prytov,
- Victor Doval