Webmachine is an application layer that adds HTTP semantic awareness on top of the excellent bit-pushing and HTTP syntax-management provided by mochiweb, and provides a simple and clean way to connect that to your application’s behavior.
More information is available here.
A shell script is provided in the
webmachine repository to help
users quickly and easily create a new
git clone git://github.com/basho/webmachine.git cd webmachine ./scripts/new_webmachine.sh mydemo
A destination path can also be passed to the
./scripts/new_webmachine.sh mydemo ~/webmachine_applications
Once a new application has been created it can be built and started.
cd mydemo make ./start.sh
The application will be available at http://localhost:8080.
To learn more continue reading here.
We encourage contributions to
webmachine from the community.
- Fork the
webmachinerepository on Github.
- Clone your fork or add the remote if you already have a clone of the repository.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:yourusername/webmachine.git # or git remote add mine email@example.com:yourusername/webmachine.git
- Create a topic branch for your change.
git checkout -b some-topic-branch
- Make your change and commit. Use a clear and descriptive commit message, spanning multiple lines if detailed explanation is needed.
- Push to your fork of the repository and then send a pull-request through Github.
git push mine some-topic-branch
- A Basho engineer or community maintainer will review your patch and merge it into the main repository or send you feedback.