nose2 uses semantic versioning (currently in 0.x) and the popular "keep a changelog" format (v1.0.0).
nose2 tries not to break backwards compatibility in any release. Until v1.0, versions are numbered 0.MAJOR.MINOR. Major releases introduce new functionality or contain necessary breaking changes. Minor releases are primarily used for bugfix or small features which are unlikely to break users' testsuites.
- Support for subtests!
Notes for plugin authors about subtest support:
- Subtest failures will produce a
outcome = "subtest"
- Subtest events can be failures, but they do not indicate success -- the containing test will send a success event if no subtests fail
- Drop support for Python 3.4
- Python 3.8 and 3.9 are now officially supported
- Improve helptext for the multiprocess plugin's
- When run with reduced verbosity (e.g. with
nose2will no longer print an empty line before test reports
- The plugin registry will no longer contain duplicate plugins and or base
- Fix function test case implementation of
__repr__. This removes the injected
transplant_class.<locals>from reporting output
- Doctest loading will now skip
setup.pyfiles in the project root
- Class methods decorated (e.g. with
mock.patch) are no longer incorrectly picked up by the function loader
--junit-xml-pathto the junit plugin argument list
- It is now possible to use the multiprocess and coverage plugins together, as long as all of the coverage config is put into the config file
- Minor changes to be compatible with newer pythons (3.8, 3.9)
- the prof plugin now uses
hotshotfor profiling, and therefore now supports python versions which do not include
- skipped tests now include the user's reason in junit XML's
- the prettyassert plugin mishandled multi-line function definitions
- Using a plugin's CLI flag when the plugin is already enabled via config no longer errors -- it is a no-op instead
- nose2.plugins.prettyassert, enabled with
--pretty-assert, which pretty-prints AssertionErrors generated by
- Update trove classifier to "beta" from "alpha" status
- Cleanup code for EOLed python versions
- Dropped support for
distutils. Installation now requires
- Result reporter respects failure status set by other plugins
- JUnit XML plugin now includes the skip reason in its output
- Add code to enable plugins to documentation
- Dropped support for python 3.3
- For junitxml plugin use test module in place of classname if no classname exists
- Setup tools invocation now handles coverage
setuptoolswill now trigger
fail_underin converage config
- Avoid infinite recursion when loading setuptools from zipped egg
- Manpage now renders reproducibly
- MP doc build now reproducible
- support for python 3.6.
- Tests failing due to .coveragerc not in MANIFEST
Includes changes from version
0.7.1, never released.
- Proper indentation of test with docstring in layers
- MP plugin now calls startSubprocess in subprocess
- Add Makefile to enable "quickstart" workflow
- Removed bootstrap.sh and test.sh
- Automatically create .coverage file during coverage reporting
- Better handling of import failures
Note: v0.7.0 drops several unsupported python versions
- Add layer fixture events and hooks
- junit-xml: add logs in "system-out"
- Give full exc_info to loader.failedLoadTests
- Replace cov-core with coverage in the coverage plugin
- Give better error when cannot import a testname
- Better errors when tests fail to load
- Allow combination of MP and OutputBuffer plugins on Python 3
- Dropped unsupported Python 2.6, 3.2, 3.3
nose2.compatis removed because it is no longer needed. If you have
from nose2.compat import unittestin your code, you will need to replace it with
- Prevent crashing from UnicodeDecodeError
- Fix unicode stream encoding
- Add nose2.__version__
- MP will never spawn more processes than there are tests. e.g. When running only one test, only one process is spawned
- Add support for python 3.4, 3.5
- fix the coverage plugin tests for coverage==3.7.1
- missing test files added to package.
- Junit XML report support properties
- Add a createdTestSuite event, fired after test loading
- Improve test coverage
- Improve CI
- When test loading fails, print the traceback
- Junit-xml plugin fixed on windows
- Ensure tests are importable before trying to load them
- Fail test instead of skipping it, when setup fails
- Make the
collectplugin work with layers
- Fix coverage plugin to take import-time coverage into account
- with_setup and with_teardown decorators to set the setup & teardown on a function
- dundertests plugin to skip tests with __test__ == False
- cartesian_params decorator
- coverage plugin
- EggDiscoveryLoader for discovering tests within Eggs
- Support params with such
- Include logging output in junit XML
- such errors early if Layers plugin is not loaded
- Allow use of nose2.main() from within a test module
- Such DSL ignores two such.A with the same description
- Record skipped tests as 'skipped' instead of 'skips'
- Result output failed on unicode characters
- Fix multiprocessing plugin on Windows
- Ensure plugins write to the event stream
- multiprocessing could lock master proc and fail to exit
- junit report path was sensitive to changes in cwd
- Test runs would crash if a TestCase __init__ threw an exception
- Plugin failures no longer crash the whole test run
- Handle errors in test setup and teardown
- Fix reporting of xfail tests
- Log capture was waiting too long to render mutable objects to strings
- Layers plugin was not running testSetUp/testTearDown from higher such layers
- start-dir config option. Thanks to Stéphane Klein.
- Help text for verbose flag. Thanks to Tim Sampson.
- Added badges to README. Thanks to Omer Katz.
- Updated six version requirement to be less Restrictive. Thanks to Stéphane Klein.
- Cleaned up numerous PEP8 violations. Thanks to Omer Katz.
- Fixed broken import in collector.py. Thanks to Shaun Crampton.
- Fixed processes command line option in mp plugin. Thanks to Tim Sampson.
- Fixed handling of class fixtures in multiprocess plugin. Thanks to Tim Sampson.
- Fixed intermittent test failure caused by nondeterministic key ordering. Thanks to Stéphane Klein.
- Fixed syntax error in printhooks. Thanks to Tim Sampson.
- Fixed formatting in changelog. Thanks to Omer Katz.
- Fixed typos in docs and examples. Thanks to Tim Sampson.
- Docs note support for python 3.3. Thanks Omer Katz for the bug report.
- Fixed DeprecationWarning for compiler package on python 2.7. Thanks Max Arnold.
- Fixed lack of timing information in junitxml exception reports. Thanks Viacheslav Dukalskiy.
- Cleaned up junitxml xml output. Thanks Philip Thiem.
- Fixed broken interaction between attrib and layers plugins. They can now be used together. Thanks @fajpunk.
- Fixed incorrect calling order of layer setup/teardown and test setup/test teardown methods. Thanks again @fajpunk for tests and fixes.
- Fixed sort key generation for layers.
- Fixed packaging for non-setuptools, pre-python 2.7. Thanks to fajpunk for the patch.
such.Scenarioto allow use of externally-defined layers in such DSL tests.
- Fixed unpredictable ordering of layer tests.
Includes changes from version
0.4, never released.
- Fixed packaging bug.
- nose2.plugins.layers to support Zope testing style fixture layers.
- nose2.tools.such, a spec-like DSL for writing tests with layers.
- nose2.plugins.loader.loadtests to support the unittest2 load_tests protocol.
- nose2.plugins.mp to support distributing test runs across multiple processes.
- nose2.plugins.testclasses to support loading tests from ordinary classes that are not subclasses of unittest.TestCase.
nose2.main.PluggableTestProgramnow accepts an
extraHookskeyword argument, which allows attaching arbitrary objects to the hooks system.
- The default script target was changed from
nose2.discover. The former may still be used for running a single module of tests, unittest-style. The latter ignores the
moduleargument. Thanks to @dtcaciuc for the bug report (#32).
- Fixed bug that caused Skip reason to always be set to
- nose2.plugins.junitxml to support jUnit XML output
- nose2.plugins.attrib to support test filtering by attributes
- Added afterTestRun hook and moved result report output calls to that hook. This prevents plugin ordering issues with the stopTestRun hook (which still exists, and fires before afterTestRun).
- Fixed bug in loading of tests by name that caused ImportErrors to be silently ignored.
- Fixed missing __unittest flag in several modules. Thanks to Wouter Overmeire for the patch.
- Fixed module fixture calls for function, generator and param tests.
- Fixed passing of command-line argument values to list options. Before this fix, lists of lists would be appended to the option target. Now, the option target list is extended with the new values. Thanks to memedough for the bug report.