Arch Linux OpenRC Services
Submitting Service Files
Be sure to follow the following guidelines before submitting service files.
- Instead of duplicating effort, search for service files in Gentoo's repositories. If you do find them, they will need to be adjusted for use with Arch, as mentioned in the following steps.
- Make sure pid files are created under
- With Arch Linux having finished the /usr unification, ensure that the service files are adjusted accordingly.
- Include respective conf files where necessary.
- Use 4 spaces for indentation.
- Make a single commit per service.
- Ensure that the service files actually work ;)
man runscript for help with writing service files.