java-mpns is a Java client for Microsoft Push Notification service (MPNs). The library aims to provide a highly scalable interface to the Apple server, while still being simple and modular.
The interface aims to require very minimal code to achieve the most common cases, but have it be reconfigurable so you can even use your own networking connections or XML library if necessary.
- Easy to use, high performance MPNS Service API
- Easy to extend and reuse
- Easy to integrate with dependency injection frameworks
- Easy to setup custom notification payloads
- Supports connection pooling
To send a notification, you can do it in two steps:
Setup the connection
MpnsService service = MPNS.newService() .build();
Create and send the message
MpnsMessage notification = MPNS.newMessage() .tile().count(2).title("Tile message") .build(); String subscriptionUri = "https://..../" service.push(subscriptionUri, notification);
Features In the Making
- Authenticated Connections
- Delegates and callbacks
- Auto retries (exponential back-off feature)
- More testing!
This work is sponsored by Excitor A/S.
Support mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/java-apns-discuss