LoadingGoals and Non Goals
Clone this wiki locally
It's not qmail. It's also not netqmail.
We all use email, so we all use email servers. notqmail is software for running an email server. Someday, if we do a good job, some of the many articles about how and why to run your own will recommend notqmail.
notqmail is a community-driven fork of qmail, beginning where netqmail left off: providing stable, compatible, small releases to which existing qmail users can safely update. notqmail also aims higher: developing an extensible, easily packaged, and increasingly useful modern mail server.
This initial 1.07 release of notqmail is guided by two themes: fix broken builds and make packaging easier.
- Support utmpx in qbiff(1) for systems that no longer provide utmp. (#24, #29, #57)
.mdextensions to INSTALL and SENDMAIL to disambiguate from
sendmailon case-insensitive filesystems, such as HFS+. (#16)
- Enable BIND 8 API compatibility for systems with BIND 9 resolvers. (#16)
- Work around macOS linker error by explicitly initializing a struct. (#16)
- Add missing function arguments, includes, and Makefile dependencies. (#1, #20, #31, #53, #55)
- Fix builds on at least FreeBSD and macOS.
- Look up qmail's UIDs and GIDs at run time, not build time. (#15)
- Optionally install as non-root, to a staging area, with DESTDIR. (#4, #15)
- Add TravisCI config. (#19)
- Remove precompiled var-qmail package support. (#15)
fork(), fixing macOS runtime. (#38)
- Update documents and URLs for notqmail. (#39, #42)