neon is an HTTP and WebDAV client library, with a C language API.
The neon API and ABI are stable and maintain backwards compatibility since 0.27 through to current releases.
- High-level interface to HTTP and WebDAV methods.
- Low-level interface to HTTP request handling, to allow implementing new methods easily.
- Persistent connection support (HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 aware)
- Basic and Digest authentication (RFC 7616/7617, including SHA-2, userhash)
- Kerberos (Negotiate) and SSPI/NTLM authentication (Unix and Windows)
- HTTP and SOCKS (v4/5) proxy support (including authentication)
- SSL/TLS support using OpenSSL or GnuTLS (client certs via files or PKCS#11)
- Generic WebDAV 207 XML response handling mechanism
- XML parsing using expat or libxml2
- Easy generation of error messages from 207 error responses
- Basic HTTP/1.1 methods: GET, PUT, HEAD, OPTIONS, conditional PUT
- WebDAV resource manipulation: MOVE, COPY, DELETE, MKCOL.
- WebDAV metadata support: set and remove properties (PROPPATCH), query any set of properties (PROPFIND).
- WebDAV locking and ACL (RFC 3744) support
- Autoconf macros supplied for easily embedding neon directly inside an application source tree.
Provides lower-level interfaces to directly implement new HTTP methods, and higher-level interfaces so that you don't have to worry about the lower-level stuff.
The neon library source code is licensed under the GNU Library GPL; see src/COPYING.LIB for full details. The manual and test suite are licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL; see test/COPYING for terms. The autoconf macros in the "macros" directory are under a less restrictive license, see each file for details.
neon is Copyright (C) 1999-2021 Joe Orton Portions are: Copyright (C) Aleix Conchillo Flaque Copyright (C) Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis Copyright (C) Arun Garg Copyright (C) Daniel Stenberg Copyright (C) Free Software Foundation, Inc. Copyright (C) Henrik Holst Copyright (C) Jiang Lei Copyright (C) Kai Sommerfeld Copyright (C) Karl Ove Hufthammer. Copyright (C) Michael Sobolev Copyright (C) Nobuyuki Tsuchimura Copyright (C) Sylvain Glaize Copyright (C) Thomas Schultz Copyright (C) Vladimir Berezniker Copyright (C) Yves Martin