PlexMediaServer for Yunohost.
Plex organizes video, music and photos from personal media libraries and streams them to smart TVs, streaming boxes and mobile devices. It is a media player system and software suite consisting of many player applications for 10-foot user interfaces and an associated media server that organizes personal media stored on local devices. It is available for Mac OS X, Linux, and Microsoft Windows. Plex also offers streaming apps for Roku and Chromecast. Integrated Plex Channels provide users with access to a growing number of online content providers such as YouTube, Vimeo, TEDTalks, and CNN among others. Plex also provides integration for cloud services including Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Copy and Bitcasa.
Plex's front-end media player, Plex Home Theater (formerly Plex Media Center), allows the user to manage and play video, photos, music, and podcasts from a local or remote computer running Plex Media Server. In addition, the integrated Plex Online service provides the user with a growing list of community-driven plugins for online content including Hulu, Netflix, and CNN video.
Plex Media Server, unlike the open source frontend, is proprietary software.
Instructions for install
- Use Install software option from admin panel
- Find textbox tagged as Install from github
- Copy and paste: https://github.com/Novakin/plexmediaserver_ynh
Choose one of your domain or subdomain, but do not modify the path variable. (DO NOT CHOOSE YOUR DEFAULT DOMAIN)
First of all you need to configure plex so you will be able to access your librairies from outside
- Access your server via its local ip : http://YOURIP:32400/web/index.html
- Go to settings (top-right corner icon) > Server tab
- Click on show advanced
- Go to connect and use your plex account credentials
- Once you are connected make sure your server is mapped to port 32400