Tooltips were refactored - If you have customized your tooltips, note that you may need to adjust your custom functions as the data passed has changed format. See the new tooltip options for more details.
Added boxplot charts | example
Added candlestick charts | example
Added extra donut chart abilities | examples
Added sunburst Charts | example
Time Series | example
Another legend format available | example
Lots of bug fixes (see closed issues)
nvd3-community/master was merged into novus/nvd3 master.
Also made the following fixes:
- Fixed axis.staggerLabels bug.
- Fixed Karma unit tests.
- Fixed chart test pages.
- Merged in nvd3-community changes and development branch.
Something to note:
NVD3 should work with the latest d3.js (version 3.5), but I did notice that the interactive guideline tooltip was broken for d3.js 3.5. Changing it to d3.js 3.3.13 fixes it. This will need to be investigated.
- The following charts are no longer being actively supported in NVD3:
- linePlusBar, linePlusBarWithFocus, lineWithFishEye, lineWithFocus
- We will keep these charts in the library, but won't continue updating them. Pull requests for them will be ignored.
- nv.utils.optionsFunc has been deprecated. Will be removed on next release. It not really a 'd3' way of handling chart settings, and it also introduced compatibility issues with Internet Explorer and PhantomJS.
- transitionDuration has been deprecated. It will be removed on next release. On supported charts, it has been replaced with 'duration'.
- pie.description is no longer a valid option.
- 'renderWatch' functionality added to supported charts.
- What is 'renderWatch'? Basically, it's a dispatch fired from the chart when all its components are done transitioning. This feature is useful for printing charts in headless browsers, like PhantomJS. See an example of it being used in examples/lineChart.html.
- Basic unit tests added. They are in the test/mocha folder.
- Removed d3.v2.js from the lib/ folder.
- Removed everything from the deprecated/ folder. If you need something from it, checkout an older version.