Hello, I'm Mateusz Nowak
❤️ Kotlin & Domain-Driven Design & Event Sourcing
Programming blog (in Polish
On my profile you can find many repositories, which show evolution of my programming skills.
You may be scared by some ugly projects from a long time ago in this galaxy. Although for me it's also valuable to show something like this, because it shows my progress.
Below you can read some thoughts (mine or from others) which I composed for my everyday software developer manifesto.
- It doesn't matter how code on yours GitHub looks now. It's important how it was 2-3 years ago and what you have learned since then. This is the way to show that you have X years of experience - not 1 year repeated X times. ~ Me
- In programming, it doesn't matter what you can today, but what you will learn tomorrow. ~ Me
- Software development is a learning process. Working code is a side effect. ~ Dan North - cited by Alberto Brandolini in Introducing EventStorming
- Do or do not. There is no try. ~ Master Yoda in Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
- The most important skills in programming... are programming language agnostic. For me it'd be Domain-Driven Design, Test-Driven Development, Design Patterns, SOLID, principles of OOP and functional programming and of course Event Sourcing. Those methods, apart from providing high quality code, could give a real business advantage over the competition. ~Me