You are viewing the docs for v6 of React Static. You can browse all historical versions via Github branches!
A progressive static-site generator for React.
React-Static is a fast, lightweight, and powerful framework for building static-progressive React applications and websites. It's been carefully designed to meet the highest standards of static-site performance, and user/developer experience.
⚛️100% React (and friends!) 🚀Blazing fast builds and performance. 🚚Data Agnostic. Supply your site with data from anywhere, however you want. ✂️Automatic code and data splitting! 💥Instant page views via PRPL pattern. ☔️Progressive Enchancement + Graceful Fallbacks 🎯SEO Friendly. 🥇React-first developer experience. 😌Painless project setup & migration. 💯Supports 100% of the React ecosystem. Including CSS-in-JS libraries, custom Query layers like GraphQL, and even Redux. 🔥Hot Reloadable out-of-the-box. Edit React components & styles in real-time. 📲LAN accessible dev environment for testing on other devices like phones and tablets.
Articles, Videos & Tutorials
- Videos & Tuturials
Sites Built with React-Static
- HeadlessCMS.org (source)
- StaticGen.com (source)
- Nozzle.io (source)
- Manta.life (source)
- Manticore Games
- David York - Personal Blog
- Cryptagon - Crypto Portfolio Tracker
- Typetalk - Chat App for Businesses and Teams
- Lam Hieu - Personal Website
- Elsa Salonen - Artist Portfolio
- PSD Wizard: On-demand Front-End Coding Service
- NYC Vintage Map
- Eldar Labs - Utilities and Productivity Tools
- Dan Webb - Personal Website (source)
- Intuit Turbo
- Messenger Corp. client asset ordering
- Digital Neighborhood watch service
- Carmen Marcos Art - Artist Portfolio (source)
- BlockAce - Blockchain Jobs Board
- Luke Haas - Personal Website
- KleineKoning.nl - Webshop
- blue-frontend.com - Company Website
- mmxp.com.br - MadeiraMadeira Experience
- Install the CLI:
$ yarn global add react-static # or $ npm install -g react-static
- Create a new project:
$ react-static create
- Pick a template! See the full list of templates
- Navigate to your new project:
$ cd my-static-site
- Start the dev server and edit some code!
$ yarn start # or react-static start
- Test a production build
$ yarn stage # or react-static build --staging $ yarn serve
- Build for production!
$ yarn build # or react-static build
Once you've installed and test driven, you may want to:
- Read about the core concepts of React Static
- Join the React Static Spectrum community!
- Familiarize yourself with the API!
- CSS & Style Tooling
- React Alternatives
- react-static-plugin-preact - Adds preact support
- Don't see a plugin? Help us build it!
Examples and Templates
React Static ships with a ton of examples to reference and each of them can even be used as a starting template when using
Can't find an example? We invite you to write one! Simply copy the
blank templates and make the necessary changes. Then submit a PR including your new example directory and a new item in the list above. When merged, your example will automatically become a template in the CLI. How magical!
- Core Concepts
- Contributing Guide
Support, Community & Chat
Need some help? Have a quick question? Click here to sign up for the React-Tools spectrum community! We are constantly answering questions, discussing features and helping each other out!
Contributing, Issues & Bugs
We are always looking for people to help us grow
react-static's capabilities and examples. If you have found a bug, or have a feature request let us know!
React Static uses the MIT license. For more information on this license, click here.