React Static - Gentics Mesh Example
It uses the following features:
- Content tree: organize your content in terms of a content tree, or rather a content node tree. Content nodes can be hierarchically structured if a container schema is provided.
- Pretty URLs: instead of relying on UUIDs to link your content, you can use pretty URLs like
https://yourapp.com/automobiles/ford-gt/. For each node, Gentics Mesh will provide you with a human readable path.
- Navigation Menus: When organizing your content in terms of a content node tree, Gentics Mesh offers you a way of generating your front-end navigation dynamically by querying the available navigation endpoints.
- Breadcrumbs: Each node in Gentics Mesh provides information on where it is located within the node tree in terms of its
breadcrumbproperty. The property provides an array of node references representing the path from the current node up to the project root.
How to run the example
In case you want to use your own locallly running Mesh instance, you can use
docker run -p 8080:8080 gentics/mesh-demo
- or download the Gentics Mesh JAR file and start it with
java -jar mesh-demo-X.X.X.jar
For more details check the Mesh Administration Guide.
Once the Mesh local instance is up and running, edit
static.config.js and change
const MESH_HOST = 'https://demo.getmesh.io/'
const MESH_HOST = 'http://localhost:8080/'
Then you can start the example with
npm start or
yarn start which will start a dev server at http://localhost:3000.
You can also use
npm build or
yarn build to build the project to the
Implementation notes and caveats
Using the example with React Static
To get started, run
react-static create and use the