There is only one way to get ready for immortality, and that is to love this life and live it as bravely and faithfully and cheerfully as we can.
~ Henry Van Dyke
This repository hosts the HTML, CSS, images, and posts for gitready.com. Git Ready publishes (was daily, then tri-weekly, and now) weekly tips for those who want to learn more about the VCS or just get started. The blog as a whole started as a journey to learn more about Git and show others how useful it is. If you find issues with the content, just send qrush a message on GitHub or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This blog is generated with the Jekyll engine. Simple and easy formatting that sticks to the basics. All static HTML too, so worrying about scalability is non-existent.
If you have ideas about new pages, layouts, or what have you, fork away!
If you want to submit tips, please do so here.
If you are interested in translating posts into another language, great! Here's what to do:
- Fork the project.
- Create a branch with the ISO code for your language, so for english:
git checkout -b en
- Unpublish all the posts (and commit your changes):
rake unpublish git commit -am "Unpublishing all the posts"
- Translate the front page headers, footers. Check out the other translated sites for an example, such as the german one.
- Translate as little or as many posts as you so desire.
- Push your work back up (remember to use the right branch name!):
git push origin en
- Submit a pull request to qrush's repository.
Once that's done, I'll add your language's subdomain and get it published.
The actual content of the articles is licensed under Creative Commons. The code that this project consists of is licensed under MIT.
Basically, if you're going to redistribute a blog post, just make sure to link back. If you'd like to publish the content, that's fine too, just please keep the licensing information in.