Project compiles with xbuild #6

Closed
wants to merge 1 commit into
from

Projects

None yet

2 participants

@roji
Member
roji commented Oct 23, 2012

Added Mono-Debug and Mono-Release msbuild configuration for use with xbuild

Appears to build just fine! I also tried to muck around with MonoDevelop but it has some trouble with the EmbeddedResources, will try to take a look (less important). This could be a first step for getting rid of both the NAnt and the mdp/mds...

Note that the unit test project doesn't build on Windows, seems like these need to be cleaned up
: error CS2001: Source file xmlModel/XmlTest.ObjectLayer.cs' could not be found : error CS2001: Source filexmlModel/XmlTest.Views.cs' could not be found

Shay Rojansky Project compiles with xbuild
Added Mono-Debug and Mono-Release msbuild configuration for use with xbuild
3787548
@franciscojunior
Member

That's great, Shay! I remember this XmlTest.ObjectLayer.cs file problem was solved by Josh Cooley. He committed this and other missing files. I think I may have missed to add those files to git... :(

@franciscojunior
Member

Yeah, I just confirmed it. I forgot to add those files to git. I'll do it when I get back home. For while, would you mind to get the files from our cvs repository and give it a try? http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/npgsql/Npgsql2/testsuite/noninteractive/NUnit20/xmlModel/

@roji
Member
roji commented Oct 23, 2012

Will try this tomorrow morning.. I'm sure it'll be ok.

On 23 Oct 2012, at 22:54, "Francisco Figueiredo Jr." notifications@github.com wrote:

Yeah, I just confirmed it. I forgot to add those files to git. I'll do it when I get back home. For while, would you mind to get the files from our cvs repository and give it a try? http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/npgsql/Npgsql2/testsuite/noninteractive/NUnit20/xmlModel/


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub.

@roji
Member
roji commented Oct 24, 2012

OK, I tried it. Adding the files fixes the build, but the compilation of the xmlModel itself fails because the current mono (2.10) doesn't support the Entity Framework. There are already instances of #if ENTITIES in Npgsql (not in the unit tests), so it would make sense to simply add one in the xmlModel files as well...

I can do this, but there's a comment about the files being autogenerated, so it may need be changed at the source? If not we can also exclude these files in the csproj itself, conditioning on the Mono/non-Mono build configuration (although maybe VS or monodevelop won't like that). Tell me what you think...

In any case, after manually commenting out the xmlModel files I ran the unit tests and got quite a few failures. At least some are related precisely to what I was trying to solve in the first place (the partial mono implementation of System.Transactions), but others seem weird - it may be worth taking a look. I'll send you the results xml by mail.

@franciscojunior
Member

That's great!

Only Mono 3.0 which was released a few days ago has support for entity framework.
Josh Cooley created those files, I'll check with him how those files were created.

Npgsql tests are still failing as we added a lot of tests from Mono testsuite which exposed a lot of bugs in Npgsql.

Also, we have some bugs with dataadapter tests.

I received your testsuite results. You have to add the tables, data and functions in order to the tests work ok.

You will find the files add_tables.sql, add_functions.sql and add_data.sql in the noninteractive folder of the testsuite.

You can run those files with the psql -f command in the terminal.

@roji
Member
roji commented Oct 24, 2012

Oh, OK - I assumed the unit took care of creating the tables and functions,
will test again...

For the tests that break because of unsupported features in mono, I will
introduce an NUnit category [UnsupportedOnMono] and have the test runner
skip them when running on mono, sounds good?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. <
notifications@github.com> wrote:

That's great!

Only Mono 3.0 which was released a few days ago has support for entity
framework.
Josh Cooley created those files, I'll check with him how those files were
created.

Npgsql tests are still failing as we added a lot of tests from Mono
testsuite which exposed a lot of bugs in Npgsql.

Also, we have some bugs with dataadapter tests.

I received your testsuite results. You have to add the tables, data and
functions in order to the tests work ok.

You will find the files add_tables.sql, add_functions.sql and add_data.sql
in the noninteractive folder of the testsuite.

You can run those files with the psql -f command in the terminal.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/franciscojunior/Npgsql2/pull/6#issuecomment-9740115.

@franciscojunior
Member

Yeah, I think need to get this setup part of the tests better explained.

Please, create this category. It would be very helpful.
Em 24/10/2012 12:39, "Shay Rojansky" notifications@github.com escreveu:

Oh, OK - I assumed the unit took care of creating the tables and
functions,
will test again...

For the tests that break because of unsupported features in mono, I will
introduce an NUnit category [UnsupportedOnMono] and have the test runner
skip them when running on mono, sounds good?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. <
notifications@github.com> wrote:

That's great!

Only Mono 3.0 which was released a few days ago has support for entity
framework.
Josh Cooley created those files, I'll check with him how those files
were
created.

Npgsql tests are still failing as we added a lot of tests from Mono
testsuite which exposed a lot of bugs in Npgsql.

Also, we have some bugs with dataadapter tests.

I received your testsuite results. You have to add the tables, data and
functions in order to the tests work ok.

You will find the files add_tables.sql, add_functions.sql and
add_data.sql
in the noninteractive folder of the testsuite.

You can run those files with the psql -f command in the terminal.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/franciscojunior/Npgsql2/pull/6#issuecomment-9740115>.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/franciscojunior/Npgsql2/pull/6#issuecomment-9741838.

@franciscojunior
Member

Just to do a follow up. I talked to Josh and he agreed with the idea of changing the files directly. They were created with edmgen. He said they are seldom modified so we are good to go do add the conditional compilation clause to them.

@roji
Member
roji commented Nov 4, 2012

Great, will add that to the pull request...

On 4 Nov 2012, at 01:31, "Francisco Figueiredo Jr." notifications@github.com wrote:

Just to do a follow up. I talked to Josh and he agreed with the idea of changing the files directly. They were created with edmgen. He said they are seldom modified so we are good to go do add the conditional compilation clause to them.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub.

@franciscojunior
Member

Hi, Shay!

Just added the missing xmlModel folder and files to nunit tests folder.

@franciscojunior
Member

Hi, Shay!

When you open Npgsql 2010 solution file, are you getting an error about a 'unknown item type {FAE04...}' in the NpgsqlTests2010.csproj file?

I remember that I get this problem since I started to work with Monodevelop a long time ago but always thought it could be some problem on my side as I never received a report about it.

The only way I can get past this problem is deleting the offending line in the NpgsqlTests2010.csproj file.

As you tried to play with the project with Monodevelop, I was wondering if you get this error too.

Thanks.

@roji
Member
roji commented May 13, 2013

Hey Francisco.

Absolutely, I even fixed the bug in monodevelop (
mono/monodevelop#232) but nobody there is looking
at pull requests.

The short answer is that you can simply remove this line (although you
shouldn't have to) and everything will be OK...

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. <
notifications@github.com> wrote:

Hi, Shay!

When you open Npgsql 2010 solution file, are you getting an error about a
'unknown item type {FAE04...}' in the NpgsqlTests2010.csproj file?

I remember that I get this problem since I started to work with
Monodevelop a long time ago but always thought it could be some problem on
my side as I never received a report about it.

The only way I can get past this problem is deleting the offending line in
the NpgsqlTests2010.csproj file.

As you tried to play with the project with Monodevelop, I was wondering if
you get this error too.

Thanks.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/franciscojunior/Npgsql2/pull/6#issuecomment-17806206
.

@franciscojunior
Member

Ah, ok. Thanks for the feedback. As I said, I didn't receive any report about that. I'll commit the removal of this line then.

@roji
Member
roji commented May 13, 2013

Ok. You can add a comment on the monodevelop pull request if you want, maybe it'll help move it...

@roji roji closed this May 13, 2013
@franciscojunior
Member

Hi, Shay!

I already added a comment to the pull request about Monodevelop problem.

Right now I also merged this pull request to master. Please, give it a try and let me know if it works ok for you.

Thank you very much for your help and support!

@gencer gencer pushed a commit to gencer/Npgsql2 that referenced this pull request Apr 11, 2014
@franciscojunior franciscojunior Merged npgsql#6 from roji.
Pull origin: https://github.com/roji/Npgsql2.git branch xbuild

Original commit message:

Added Mono-Debug and Mono-Release msbuild configuration for use with xbuild

Appears to build just fine! I also tried to muck around with MonoDevelop but it has some trouble with the EmbeddedResources, will try to take a look (less important). This could be a first step for getting rid of both the NAnt and the mdp/mds...

Note that the unit test project doesn't build on Windows, seems like these need to be cleaned up
: error CS2001: Source file xmlModel/XmlTest.ObjectLayer.cs' could not be found
: error CS2001: Source filexmlModel/XmlTest.Views.cs' could not be found
20fd444
@gencer gencer pushed a commit to gencer/Npgsql2 that referenced this pull request Apr 11, 2014
@franciscojunior franciscojunior Added conditional #ifdef ENTITIES to nunit tests related to EF. See
npgsql#6 for more information.
52a6e19
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment