Error installing globalize.js #4782

Closed
fitret opened this Issue Feb 25, 2014 · 7 comments

Projects

None yet

4 participants

fitret commented Feb 25, 2014

I'm new to npm and having trouble installing globlize.js on Win 7.

I ran npm install -g grunt-cli bower, and that appeared to finish successfully. Whenever I try to do npm install && bower install from the root directory of globalize, I get the below error. I've tried npm cache clear both as a user and as admin, and I've tried doing an admin install of grunt and a user install of globalize, admin of both, and user of both, and all are met with the same results.

Error/Logs:

npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-copy/0.4.1
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-connect/0.3.0
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-uglify/0.2.7
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-requirejs/0.4.1
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-watch/0.5.3
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-qunit/0.3.0
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-jshint/0.7.2
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/matchdep
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-clean/0.5.0
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/cldr.js/0.3.0
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-connect/0.3.0
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-copy/0.4.1
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-watch/0.5.3
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-requirejs/0.4.1
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-uglify/0.2.7
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-jshint/0.7.2
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-qunit/0.3.0
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/matchdep
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/cldr.js/0.3.0
npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/cldr.js/-/cldr.js-0.3.0.tgz
npm http 304 https://registry.npmjs.org/grunt-contrib-clean/0.5.0
npm http 200 https://registry.npmjs.org/cldr.js/-/cldr.js-0.3.0.tgz
npm ERR! Error: ENOENT, open 'C:\Users\Fitret\AppData\Local\Temp\npm-7684-zccrYtGs\1393353724419-0.3736983290873468\package\src\:w'
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this *entire* log,
npm ERR! including the npm and node versions, at:
npm ERR!     <http://github.com/npm/npm/issues>

npm ERR! System Windows_NT 6.1.7601
npm ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install"
npm ERR! cwd C:\dev\globalize-master
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.26
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.3
npm ERR! path C:\Users\Fitret\AppData\Local\Temp\npm-7684-zccrYtGs\1393353724419-0.3736983290873468\package\src\:w
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno 34
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\dev\globalize-master\npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0

Same issue :( Have you found a solution?

fitret commented Mar 8, 2014

Yes, I ended up doing npm install globalize and that gave me globalize.js,
removing the need to compile it myself!

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Nikolay Bobrovskiy <notifications@github.com

wrote:

Same issue :( Have you found a solution?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37105127
.

I wanted to make 1.0.0-pre build. "npm install globalize" gives 0.1.1 only
:(

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM, fitret notifications@github.com wrote:

Yes, I ended up doing npm install globalize and that gave me globalize.js,
removing the need to compile it myself!

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Nikolay Bobrovskiy <
notifications@github.com

wrote:

Same issue :( Have you found a solution?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37105127>
.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37107123
.

@nikolaybobrovskiy nikolaybobrovskiy referenced this issue in globalizejs/globalize Mar 9, 2014
Closed

No dist folder! #210

fitret commented Mar 9, 2014

Yeah, I could not fix that. I lived with 011 for now
On Mar 9, 2014 5:03 AM, "Nikolay Bobrovskiy" notifications@github.com
wrote:

I wanted to make 1.0.0-pre build. "npm install globalize" gives 0.1.1 only
:(

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM, fitret notifications@github.com wrote:

Yes, I ended up doing npm install globalize and that gave me
globalize.js,
removing the need to compile it myself!

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Nikolay Bobrovskiy <
notifications@github.com

wrote:

Same issue :( Have you found a solution?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37105127>
.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37107123>
.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37125406
.

I finally managed to build it successfully after manual installation of
cldr.js from tmp.tgz :)

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM, fitret notifications@github.com wrote:

Yeah, I could not fix that. I lived with 011 for now
On Mar 9, 2014 5:03 AM, "Nikolay Bobrovskiy" notifications@github.com
wrote:

I wanted to make 1.0.0-pre build. "npm install globalize" gives 0.1.1
only
:(

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM, fitret notifications@github.com
wrote:

Yes, I ended up doing npm install globalize and that gave me
globalize.js,
removing the need to compile it myself!

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Nikolay Bobrovskiy <
notifications@github.com

wrote:

Same issue :( Have you found a solution?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37105127>
.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37107123>
.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37125406>

.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37127546
.

fitret commented Mar 10, 2014

Oh nice!

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Nikolay Bobrovskiy <notifications@github.com

wrote:

I finally managed to build it successfully after manual installation of
cldr.js from tmp.tgz :)

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM, fitret notifications@github.com wrote:

Yeah, I could not fix that. I lived with 011 for now
On Mar 9, 2014 5:03 AM, "Nikolay Bobrovskiy" notifications@github.com
wrote:

I wanted to make 1.0.0-pre build. "npm install globalize" gives 0.1.1
only
:(

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 11:28 PM, fitret notifications@github.com
wrote:

Yes, I ended up doing npm install globalize and that gave me
globalize.js,
removing the need to compile it myself!

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Nikolay Bobrovskiy <
notifications@github.com

wrote:

Same issue :( Have you found a solution?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37105127>
.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37107123>
.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37125406>

.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub<
https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37127546>

.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4782#issuecomment-37129071
.

Contributor

Closing as resolved (it seems). Installing the latest stable version of npm would probably be helpful as well, because it includes many fixes for race conditions.

@othiym23 othiym23 closed this Nov 26, 2014
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment