Deft: Easy Distributed Feature Tracking
Deft is a simple distributed feature tracker (aka issue tracker, task tracker, bug tracker) designed to work with a distributed version control system such as Git.
- All features have a status (e.g. new, in-development, ready-for-testing, ready-for-deployment)
- Absolute prioritisation of features that have the same status
- Store feature database alongside the code in VCS, not in another tool
- Store the feature database in plain-text files that play well with VCS and diff/merge tools
- Don't re-implement functionality that is already in the VCS
Install from PyPI using easy_install or pip. For example:
% pip install deft
After that you can use the deft command to create, manipulate and query Deft feature trackers. Use deft --help and/or read the Quickstart Guide to get started.
You can join the Deft discussion group.
Issues are tracked with Deft itself. If you want to raise issues or feature requests:
- Fork the repo & check it out locally
- Follow the 'Developing Deft' steps
- use the ./dev-deft command to create a new issue
- commit the new issue
- send a pull request
Yes... there should be a tool to make this process simpler and easy for a project's users to do.
To work on the Deft code itself: