unc0ver dark (EOL)
The most advanced jailbreak tool, with more freedom
- Will the jailbreak see an update to 12.4? -- No. unc0ver has remained closed source for a while now, and the project is now dead. Please use Diatrus' Sileo for unc0ver as an alternative from now on.
- Where can I stay up to date on unc0ver dark? -- Join the unc0ver dark Discord
- My Cydia is crashing? How do I fix this? -- Uninstall CyDown. It is not updated for the new fork of Cydia. Also, piracy is no fun. ;(
- Jailbreak is failing first try? -- You need WiFi for initial jailbreak, and therefore cannot use Airplane Mode. This is due to licensing on Cydia Substrate.
- How do I switch from another jailbreak? -- unc0ver dark automatically handles the switching process. So no need to worry about switching. No rootFS restore is required.
Changes from unc0ver
- APT 1.8
- New true black UI designed by 23 Aaron
- Substrate is downloaded from the Internet
- Sileo support via Diatrus
- Theme switcher by Diatrus & Hydri
- Perform a full restore with Rollectra or Succession before switching from the other jailbreaks
- Turn off Siri before starting the jailbreak
- This project is completely open source and it will stay that way
- Any kind of contribution is welcome (pull-requests)
- The original source code can be found on here, on @pwn20wndstuff's GitHub account
unc0ver dark Members
This fork wouldn't have been able to be created without these people and tools.
- pwn20wnd - original u0 developer
- Sam Bingner - original u0 developer
- Ian Beer for mach_portal, triple_fetch, async_wake and deja_xnu
- Morpheus for the QiLin Toolkit
- xerub for libjb and the original patchfinder64
- iBSparkes for the original amfid_payload, jailbreakd, pspawn_hook, machswap, and machswap2
- stek29 for the patchfinder64 additions, unlocknvram, host_get_special_port(4) patch and shenanigans bypass
- theninjaprawn for the patchfinder64 additions
- Jay Freeman (saurik) for Cydia and Substrate
- tihmstar for libgrabkernel and liboffsetfinder64
- CoolStar for originally testing the snapshot rename idea on corellium (and Sileo)
- Chronix for fixing README
- Sukarodo for README changes and support of the project