Simplify developer's lives and increases their effectiveness.
Bachelor of Science in Informatics with concentration in Computer Science, December 2010. Indiana University South Bend, South Bend, IN.
|Operating Systems:||OS X, Linux
|Languages:||Strong skills in Python, intermediate knowledge of bash, Ansible
|Project Tools:||git, Jira, GitHub, Gerrit
|ZODB:||PyOhio 2012, presented on the Zope Object Database for Python applications.
Software Developer, Rackspace, Inc. Writing Ansible playbooks and roles for installing OpenStack.
- Implemented Ansible playbooks and roles for the openstack-ansible project and rpc-openstack product.
- Triaged and prioritized bugs and feature requests from both community members and internal support staff.
- Led project for upgrading openstack-ansible/rpc-openstack code bases between Juno to Kilo and Kilo to Liberty codebases.
- Collaborated with community members and internal coworkers to write new feature specifications, online and in person.
- Wrote initial developer documentation for openstack-ansible.
- Implemented unit and integration testing for existing Python dynamic inventory production code (ongoing).
Automation Engineer, Cox Media Group. Improving and maintaining tools for a large (40+) developer team.
- Implemented self-service jobs in Hudson/Jenkins for developers to start git repositories and caching PyPI packages.
- Maintained custom bash and Python tools for wrapping applications, simplifying usage.
Software Developer, Cox Media Group. Improving and maintaining a large scale Django CMS (10 million page views per day).
- Implemented retargeting pixel system to help serve unique ads to site visitors
- Added methods for advertisement traffickers to manage Google Doubleclick for Publishers ads from within our custom CMS.
- Wrote custom tools for managing our development environment
- Documented existing Google ads integration library
Web Developer, Six Feet Up, Inc.. Implementing and maintaining client Plone and Pyramid web sites and apps.
- Implemented PubSubHubBub 'hub' and 'client' servers in Pyramid and Plone for syndicating content between various intranets.
- Wrote and designed a Pyramid- and SQLAlchemy-based OpenID server
- Implemented and maintained Pyramid package templates to make starting projects more efficient.
- Provided technical estimates and guidance to project managers and customers for project implementations.
Freelancer, specializing in Python and Django. Clients included: Eldarion, Red Post, Carbon Black
- Extended a Rails- and MongoDB-based money transfer kiosk application.
- Contributed re-usable Django apps to the Pinax project.
Research Programmer - Center for Research Computing, University of Notre Dame. Helped faculty and students utilize web technologies in their research.
- Began a framework based on Django and Celery for launching, managing, and reporting on jobs based on open source command line tools for monitoring environmental change. Originally prototyped in Erlang
- Implemented a Django app to generate dynamic data for a Flash application meant to use static XML files.
- Created web crawler that searched for words within poems on the web, and provided information on the pages it found for use with visualizations by an arts professor.
- Trained other programmers in better practices, like unit testing, source control, and bug tracking.
Network Administrator - MapleTronics Computers. Managed internal network, as well as installing and managing networks, servers, and software for clients.
- Automating processes through custom VBScript and PowerShell scripts.