Integrated set of Django applications addressing authentication, registration, account management as well as 3rd party (social) account authentication.
- Signup of a both local and social accounts
- Connecting more than one social account to a local account
- Optional instant-signup for social accounts -- no questions asked
- E-mail address management (multiple e-mail addresses, setting a primary)
- Password forgotten flow
- E-mail address verification flow
- Supports multiple authentication schemes (e.g. login by user name, or by e-mail), as well as multiple strategies for account verification (ranging from none to e-mail verification).
- Support for connecting multiple social accounts to a Django user account.
- The FB access token is stored so that you can publish wall updates etc.
TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = ( ... "allauth.context_processors.allauth", "allauth.account.context_processors.account" ) AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = ( ... "allauth.account.auth_backends.AuthenticationBackend", ) INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'emailconfirmation', 'uni_form', 'allauth', 'allauth.account', 'allauth.socialaccount', 'allauth.twitter', 'allauth.openid', 'allauth.facebook',
urlpatterns = patterns('', ... (r'^accounts/', include('allauth.urls')))
- ACCOUNT_EMAIL_REQUIRED (=False)
- The user is required to hand over an e-mail address when signing up
- ACCOUNT_EMAIL_VERIFICATION (=False)
- After signing up, keep the user account inactive until the e-mail address is verified
- ACCOUNT_EMAIL_AUTHENTICATION (=False)
- Login by e-mail address, not username
- ACCOUNT_SIGNUP_PASSWORD_VERIFICATION (=True)
- When signing up, let the user type in his password twice to avoid typ-o's.
- ACCOUNT_UNIQUE_EMAIL (=True)
- Enforce uniqueness of e-mail addresses
- ACCOUNT_USERNAME_REQUIRED (=True)
- If false, generates a random username rather than prompting for one at signup
- SOCIALACCOUNT_QUERY_EMAIL (=ACCOUNT_EMAIL_REQUIRED)
- Request e-mail address from 3rd party account provider? E.g. using OpenID AX, or the Facebook "email" permission
- SOCIALACCOUNT_AUTO_SIGNUP (=True)
- Attempt to bypass the signup form by using fields (e.g. username, email) retrieved from the social account provider. If a conflict arises due to a duplicate e-mail address the signup form will still kick in.
- SOCIALACCOUNT_AVATAR_SUPPORT (= 'avatar' in settings.INSTALLED_APPS)
- Enable support for django-avatar. When enabled, the profile image of the user is copied locally into django-avatar at signup.
- EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_DAYS (=# of days, no default)
- Determines the expiration date of email confirmation mails sent by django-email-confirmation.
The required keys and secrets for interacting with Facebook and Twitter are to be configured in the database via the Django admin using the TwitterApp and FacebookApp models.