Can I Park Here (CIPH)
CIPH is a mobile application that helps Los Angeles residents find parking locations in Los Angeles County.
What can CIPH do?
- Helps users find parking spaces ahead of time
- Helps users understand the local parking regulations based on their location
- Keeps an updated database of the current parking regulations and parking times
Data Flow Diagrams (DFD)
- Blue ovals represent modules that are implemented (using code) to make CIPH work
- Blue rectangles represent external entities
- Straight arrows represent direct communication between two modules
- Wavy arrows represent indirect communication (through the air) between two modules
- Parallel lines represent databases
The DFD 0 shows the general structure of CIPH and emphasizes the way it interacts with external entities such as the user and GPS.
The DFD 1 goes into more detail on how the modules of CIPH interact with one another. It displays the data that flows from one module to another.
Running the program
- Run "npm install" in both the client and server folders
- In the server folder, run "npm start server.js" to connect the website to MongoDB. This allows the frontend to communicate with the server and the database
- In the client folder, run "ionic serve" to launch the website