(Save your shell history in an sqlite database)
- For every interactive command entered in the shell, logs the start_date, duration, exit status and command into a database.
- for every new shell session, will save the $USER, $HOME, $PATH, $SSH_CONNECTION, hostname, and utc offset (in seconds).
- if the proper binaries exist, will log the physical location of each command too! Geolocate your commands
- Daily backups of the history database
- TODO: commandline tool for querying your history
- TODO: integration into history query
- TODO: merge databases from different systems
- only works with fish shell for now. (2.7 or higher).
IDEAS for stats
- most used command
- most active PWD? per day? per day of week?
- most blundered command (check if exit status != 0, aggregat)
- commands that never terminate (exit is one, probably webpack, ctrl-c)
- first command of the day, last command of the day, (times start, times end of day?)
- command histogram over time
- error/typo histogram over time
- where do i issue the most commands (requires location)
- unit tests
- merge history files from multiple hosts
- cross compilation
How to build:
git clone ... cd ... shards make make install
The binary will be in