cafmux - CoreAudioToolbox remuxer (win32)
Remux audio files with the help of Audio File Services of CoreAudioToolbox.
cafmux -p (print available formats)
cafmux -i INFILE (print audio format of INFILE)
cafmux INFILE OUTFILE (remux INFILE to OUTFILE)
- This program doesn't convert LPCM sample format. Therefore you cannot remux big endian LPCM format(such as AIFF) to little one(such as WAV), etc.
- MP4 container is available, but available codecs are quite limited.
- M4A, M4B and MP4 are distinguished by CoreAudio; You cannot mux ALAC into (standard) MP4. Also, You cannot write iTunSMPB(important for gapless playback) into MP4. Therefore, you should almost always use M4A for writing (instead of MP4).
- CoreAudio says AC3 is available (thus printed in -p), but actually is not.
- Looks like AMR-WB is not supported, AMR-NB only.
How to build
You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 to build cafmux.