Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- MP4Source: when channel layout is not present in the ALAC magic cookie, defaulting to more appropriate channel layout.
- libmp4v2: fixed an issue reading chunk offsets in co64 box (typically present in MP4 file bigger than 4GB).
- Fixed a FLAC parser issue that picture tag gets lost when picture metadata comes before vorbis comments (thx to Matt Tyson).
- Suppress console window title message when -s is specified.
- Updated taglib.
- Support decoding FLAC in MP4.
- AAC decoder: now recognizes 6.1ch/7.1ch AAC channel config constants (11 and 12) defined in 14496-3:2009/Amd 4:2013
- Concatenating files with no title tag with --concat now creates empty chapter name (formerly file name was used).
- --start now accept negative value. using --start and --delay at the same time is not allowed now. These two options are the same in functionality-wise, except for the reversed sign (For trimming, you use positive value for ---start, and negative value for --delay).
- --adts and --concat doesn't allow concatenating files with varying sample format anymore.
- External dlls are now loaded in lazy way, which means that they are not loaded until needed.
- Increased buffering size for --play to avoid glitches on multi channel files.
- --native-resampler now always use dedicated AudioConverter.
- CAF: enabled 7.1ch rear AAC output.
- AAC in CAF: when chan chunk is not present, get channel layout from kuki chunk.
- Named pipe output is removed. I guess it has been rarely used anyway, but if you happen to want it, use https://github.com/nu774/namedpipe .
Fix 7.1ch PCE: was incorrectly writing object_type(2) instead of profile(1). AFAIK, this doesn't seem to actually affect decoders because decoders are only interested in channel layouts in PCE, but still it was incorrect, and should be fixed.
- Fix: combination of --adts and --concat was generating invalid AAC file.
- Changed 7.1ch rear channel layout in favor of Apple QuickTime.
- Support new Wavpack v5 64bit API
- Update: libsoxr
- Update: taglib
qaac was using 3 front + 2 side + 2 back for 7.1ch rear output. However, it turned out that Apple QuickTime cannot handle this, and only recognizes 3 front + 4 back. OTOH, libavcodec couldn't recognize the latter until this patch http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-cvslog/2015-June/090556.html. Anyway it now handles both, so I decided to change 7.1ch rear layout to 3 front + 4 back, which is supported by both of them.
- Fix: Was failing encoding mono AAC to AAC.
- Support Wavpack v5 interface (with large file support)
Wavpack version 5 is still in alpha state, and DLL is not officially provided. If you want to try it, you have to build it yourself from the source code.
This version of qaac supports both of old and new Wavpack DLL (they are binary compatible). When new functions provided in version 5 library are detected, qaac will use them.