The Home repository is the starting point for people to learn about NuGet, the project. If you're new to NuGet, and want to add packages to your own projects, check our docs. This repo contains pointers to the various GitHub repositories used by NuGet and allows folks to learn more about what's coming in NuGet.
NuGet is being actively developed by the .NET Foundation. NuGet is the package manager for the Microsoft development platform including .NET. The NuGet client tools provide the ability to produce and consume packages. The NuGet Gallery is the central package repository used by all package authors and consumers and has a live deployment at www.nuget.org.
Documentation and Further Learning
The NuGet Docs are the ideal place to start if you are new to NuGet. They are categorized in 3 broader topics:
- Consume NuGet packages in your projects;
- Create NuGet packages to learn about packaging and publishing your own NuGet Packages;
- Contribute to NuGet gives an overview of how you can contribute to the various NuGet projects.
The NuGet Blog is where we announce new features, write engineering blog posts, demonstrate proof-of-concepts and features under development.
Repos and Projects
NuGet client tools - this repo contains the following clients:
- NuGet command-line tool 4.0 and higher
- Visual Studio 2017 Extension
- PowerShell CmdLets
NuGet V2 - this repo contains the following clients:
- NuGet command-line tool 2.9
- Visual Studio Extension (Previous versions e.g. Visual studio 2013)
- PowerShell CmdLets
NuGet.org is backed by several core services:
- NuGetGallery - the current NuGet Gallery
- NuGet.Services.Metadata - NuGet's Metadata Service
- NuGet.Jobs - NuGet's back-end jobs
NuGet.Server is a lightweight standalone NuGet server.
A full list of all the repos is available as well.
How to build NuGet VisualStudio extension
Steps to build the clients tools repo:
- Clone NuGet.Client Repo by running the following command
git clone https://github.com/NuGet/NuGet.Client
- Start powershell
- CD into the clone repo directory
In case you have build issues please clean the local repo using
git clean -xdf and retry building
- (RepoRootFolder)\Artifacts - this folder will contain the Vsix and NuGet command-line
- (RepoRootFolder)\Nupkgs - this folder will contain all our projects packages
NuGet Packages by the NuGet team
We dogfood all of our stuff. NuGet uses NuGet to build NuGet, so to speak. All of our NuGet packages, which you can use in your own projects as well, are available from our NuGet.org profile page.
If you're having trouble with the NuGet.org Website, file a bug on the NuGet Gallery Issue Tracker.
If you're having trouble with the NuGet client tools (the Visual Studio extension, NuGet.exe command line tool, etc.), file a bug on NuGet Home.
Check out the contributing page to see the best places to log issues and start discussions. You are welcome to respond to any issues that are marked as 'Up for Grabs' with appropriate pull-requests to address them. Note that not all of our repositories are open for contribution yet. Ping us if unsure.