Intermediate Git and GitHub Workshop
This repository contains materials for the Intermediate Git and GitHub workshop offered by Northwestern IT Research Computing Services.
You should be familiar with the basics of using
git before taking this
workshop or attempting the exercises.
There are many useful resources available on the internet for learning
git. Some highlights include:
- Git Cheat Sheet (provided by GitHub Education)
- Pro Git: a free, in-depth ebook
- Learn Git Branching: git branching exercises in your browser
- GitHub Learning Lab: practice using some features of GitHub
- Lynda.com offers multiple Git courses and tutorials
- Git official website offers a curated set of links to learning materials
There are eight exercises, compiled in Exercises.pdf.
- Merge Conflicts
- Simple Rebasing
- Removing Commits
- GitHub Issues
- GitHub Forks
- Pull Requests