Automated Improved Dominions Starts
An open-source map generator for Dominions 5
How to use
- Run the program.
- In the main menu you'll see a list of players on the left. Choose a player count and select which nations will be used.
- Click the generate button. Depending on the player count the generation process could take up to 3 minutes.
- Once the map is generated, you can move the camera around by clicking and dragging.
- Right click a province node or connection node to open the editor panel for that node.
- Once you are happy with the map, click the export button. Maps are exported to the data folder.
The to-do list
Missing features and other issues.
- Improve map generation speed.
- More sprite variety. Every type of sprite (ie. trees, mountains) should have, at the very least, 5 variants.
- Add unique sprites for hot and cold province modifiers. For example, a swamp with the colder province attribute should have some sort of unique sprite. Right now only wastelands are given hot/cold modifiers.
The wish list
Some features that would be nice to have.
- Add a dialog box somewhere that lets players give provinces custom names if they want.
- Support for non-wrapping maps.
You can contact me on twitter (terrible idea): https://twitter.com/nuke_makes_game