An open-source map generator for Dominions 5
How to use
- Run the program.
- In the main menu you'll see a list of players on the left. Choose a player count and select which nations will be used.
- Click the generate button. The generation process could take up to 3 minutes depending on the player count and your computer specs.
- Once the map is generated, you can move the camera around by clicking and dragging.
- Right click a province node or connection node to open the editor panel for that node.
- Once you are happy with the map, click the export button. Maps are exported to the data folder.
The to-do list
Missing features and other known issues.
- Add unique sprites for hot and cold province modifiers. For example, a swamp with the colder province attribute should have some sort of unique sprite. Right now only wastelands are given hot/cold modifiers.
- Compact map layouts for 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 players.
- Option to change how mountain province modifiers are applied so it behaves like default maps.
The wish list
Some features that would be nice to have.
- More sprite variety.
- Add a dialog box somewhere that lets players give provinces custom names if they want.
- Support for non-wrapping maps.
Stay tuned for more cool stuff - www.nuke.haus