Desktop music player focused on streaming from free sources
Support channel (Matrix):
Discord chat: https://discord.gg/JqPjKxE
Suggest and vote on new features here: https://nuclear.featureupvote.com/
What is this?
nuclear is a free music streaming program that pulls content from free sources all over the internet.
If you know mps-youtube, this is a similar music player but with a GUI. It's also focusing more on audio. Imagine Spotify which you don't have to pay for and with a bigger library.
What if I am religiously opposed to Electron?
- Searching for and playing music from YouTube (including integration with playlists and SponsorBlock), Jamendo, Audius and SoundCloud
- Searching for albums (powered by Last.fm and Discogs), album view, automatic song lookup based on artist and track name (in progress, can be dodgy sometimes)
- Song queue, which can be exported as a playlist
- Loading saved playlists (stored in json files)
- Scrobbling to last.fm (along with updating the 'now playing' status)
- Newest releases with reviews - tracks and albums
- Browsing by genre
- Radio mode (automatically queue similar tracks)
- Unlimited downloads (powered by youtube)
- Realtime lyrics
- Browsing by popularity
- List of favorite tracks
- Listening from local library
- No accounts
- No ads
- No CoC
- No CLA
First of all, be sure to check out the Contribution Guidelines.
The instructions for running Nuclear in development mode can be found in the Development Process document.
Here's a list of packages for various managers, some of which are maintained by third parties. We would like to thank the maintainers for their work.
|Package type||Link||Maintainer||Installation Method|
|AUR (Arch)||https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nuclear-player-bin/||nukeop||yay -s nuclear-player-bin|
|AUR (Arch)||https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nuclear-player-git||nukeop||yay -s nuclear-player-git|
|Choco (Win)||https://chocolatey.org/packages/nuclear/||JourneyOver||choco install nuclear|
|GURU (Gentoo)||https://github.com/gentoo/guru/tree/master/media-sound/nuclear-bin||Orphaned||emerge nuclear-bin|
|Homebrew (Mac)||https://formulae.brew.sh/cask/nuclear||Homebrew||brew install --cask nuclear|
|Snap||https://snapcraft.io/nuclear||nukeop||sudo snap install nuclear|
|Flatpak||https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.js.nuclear.Nuclear||nukeop||flatpak install flathub org.js.nuclear.Nuclear|
|Void Linux||https://github.com/machadofguilherme/nuclear-template||machadofguilherme||See readme|
Nuclear has already been translated to several languages, and we're always looking for contributors who would like to add more.
We're using Crowdin to manage localization. You can check if your language is supported, track localization progress, and help us translate Nuclear there.
This will be updated as the program evolves.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.