An implementation of memcached in Rust.
Features and todo list
- Implements the memcached protocol.
- Bounded cache with LRU behavior.
- Concurrency model based on thread-per-connection.
- Modular architecture. Transport layer is separate from storage and is configured in a N:1 topology with communication using immutable Cmd/Resp values over async channels.
- Fairly good test coverage.
- No config file, logging or daemonization yet.
- Performance is generally within 0.5-1x of memcached.
- Currently (Apr 2016) only builds against rust-nightly due to dependency on unstable "test" crate for benchmarking.
$ cargo build
To run unit tests:
To run the server:
The Python integration test suite supplies various forms of tests. To run them against a running server:
$ python -m pyemc.main -p $PORT # integration tests $ python -m pyemc.main -p $PORT --stress # burn in tests $ python -m pyemc.main -p $PORT --fill 45 # fill to 45% capacity