Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- Added compounding features: CHECKCOMPOUNDREP, FORCEUCASE, COMPOUNDWORDMAX.
- Added compounding features specific only to Hungarian language:
COMPOUNDROOT, COMPOUNDSYLLABLE, SYLLABLENUM. These three basically are
extension to COMPOUNDWORDMAX.
- Added six new simple suggestion methods.
- Building and using the library requires a compiler with C++17 support.
- The functions of the public API now accept strings encoded in UTF-8 by
default. You should not call the function
imbue()and you should not use
codecvtobjects at all if you need UTF-8 strings. Use
only if you need API that accepts strings in other encoding.
- Major improvement in speed. The best case is almost 3x faster than Hunspell,
and the worst case is now matching and exceeding Hunspell's speed by a
few percent. Previously, the worst case was usually triggered with incorrect
words and was major bottleneck, it was slower than Hunspell.
- Fixed loading Dutch dictionary, a regression introduced in 2.3.0.
- Support for macOS
- Support for building with MSVC on Windows
- Support for building with pre-installed Catch 2
- Continuous integration/testing for all three major operating systems
- In the CLI tool, Unicode text segmentation now can be combined with all modes.
- In Cmake the exported target has namespace, e.g. Nuspell::nuspell
- Building from a tarball. Previously only a git clone worked.
- Small internal fixes in Unicode transformations on Windows (because wchar_t
is 16 bits there).
- Major improvements in aff parser brings better error handling.
- Added build System CMake. Supports building as shared library.
- Public API changed again, last for v2:
Dictionary::suggest()return data inside simple
List_Stringsis not used anymore.
- Constructors of class
Dictionary_Loading_Erroron error. Previously they were throwing
- Boost::Locale is not dependency of library Nuspell anymore. It is still a
dependency of the CLI tool. The library depends directly on ICU. Internally,
all string now are in Unicode (UTF-8 or UTF-32, it depends of the need).
- Removed old Autotools build system.
NOSUGGEST_MODEin CLI tool. It was very similar to
Finderdoes not search for Myspell dictionaries on the file-system
- Support compiling with GCC 5. Previously GCC 7 was needed.
- Faster dictionary loading and better internal error handing when parsing a
- Faster spellchecking as a consequence of faster case classification, which
in turn, is a consequence of all string being Unicode and directly using ICU.
- Public API classes are inside inline namespace v2
List_Strings<char>is renamed to just
List_Strings. Affects client code.
- Improve public API docs