Python Code Samples - batch_request_simple.py
This readme file is specifically for the batch_request_simple.py Python code sample.
The setup instructions are the same as all other python code samples in this repository. This file is provided as additional/supplemental information for this specific code sample.
Please see the main page for general instructions.
Usage instructions are shown at the bottom of this page.
Code Sample Details
A quick intro, first. The batch_request_simple.py code sample shows a basic demo of REST API batch requests with Python 3. The expectation is that users wanting to run several request at the same time. For example:
- Multiple VMs needing the same change
- Sequential requests that relate to one another (although they don't need to, at all)
batch_request_simple.py has been provided for demo purposes and should only be used with the following provisions in mind:
- A single batch should not contain no more than 60 individual requests
- Additional exception handling should be added before using this in production
JSON Parameters file
A sample parameters file has been provided with this script. It contains variables for:
- Prism Central IP address
- Prism Central username
- The POST payload to be used with the batch request. In a 'real world' situation you could update this sample payload to carry out the requests you require.
It is strongly recommended to read the more detailed explanation of using batch requests as been outlined here: Batch Brewing – Multiple Requests with the Nutanix APIs.
usage: batch_request_simple.py [-h] json positional arguments: json JSON file containing query parameters optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit
/usr/bin/python3.8 ./batch_request_simple.py batch_request_simple.json