Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
1.0.0 is out!
It's been a long run and we are really proud to announce the official 1.0 release. Thank you so much for your support and we are looking forward to hear your feedback
Medium article: https://medium.com/@nuxt_js/nuxt-js-1-0-is-out-bab1af459972
We have a new internal hook system now, some modules can be broken with 1.0 if they were relying on
this.nuxt.plugin(), instead, they will have to use
this.hook(), see module hooks documentation.
We removed the internal extensions for
.ts, if you want to use TypeScript into Nuxt.js, we recommend you to check out our typescript example.
For the below depreciation, it will still work but you will get a warning to tell you to change your code to the new value.
For better bundling experience for server-side and client-side, we deprecated
context.isServer in flavor of
process.server. Since these variables comes from our webpack configuration, it will optimize your client-side and server-side bundles magically
We also deprecated
dev property inside
build.extend() in flavour of
- We are now ignoring files starting with a
-in front of its filename (example:
pages/-ignored.vue) (PR #2417)
- Layout transitions #1620
route.meta(array of matched page
.meta) into context, useful for middleware (see details)
- Middleware: you can now define middleware as a function, see example
- Store: you now have access to
this.appinside your store actions!
- You can set
body: true, in your
head.scriptto move your scripts at the end of
nuxt generate --no-build: Useful for conditions when just dynamic routes are being changed. This makes incremental builds much faster.
- Hooks: you can extend even further Nuxt by using hooks now, the documentation is coming soon.
- New configuration: build.styleResources, check out our style-resources example.
- Upgrade Vue to 2.5.x #1723 #1868
- Upgrade to Vue-Router & Vuex to 3.0
- No more babel warning #1698
- Adds support for folders in /layouts #1865
spa: Respect mounted hook on first render (fix #1629)
nuxtbinary (you can do
npx nuxt -vto know which version of nuxt.js you are using in your project) #1840
- Improve error message when a plugin is not found #1846
app.html, corresponds to
- Context is shared across plugins and pages (useful for axios interceptor with
redirect), it also improves perfs!
- Improved plugins system
nuxt devexperience with faster and more stable reloads
- SSR performance improvements thanks to node async/awaits
- Allow redirects to external URL (#2265)
- Upgraded uglifyjs with parrallel options as default for faster builds
- Fix error handler if error message is readonly #1673
- Fix code typos #1613
- Generate: don't assume
/index.htmlexists when copying to 200.html #1937
head.titleTemplatewith function is now working (fix #1886)
- Fix nuxt-start dependencies
- Fix Memory leak with
inject: #1695 (comment)
- Fix unexpected state resetting on nested views (fix #1408 via #1914)
- Fix layouts in SPA mode (#1929)
- Fix video
srcin templates (fix #2008 via #2016)
- Improve Webpack rebuilding without reason (6dfe660)
no-ssrto v0.2.1 #2181