Reported by QuentinC on 2011-11-08 19:57
In a java application using swing, NVDA fails to read the current line with NVDA+up when the cursor is at the bottom end. NVDA says "empty" instead of reading the current line of text. This happens in one-line text fields as well as when being at the last line of a multiline text area.
To reproduce the bug :
1. Start whatever java swing application
2. Focus whatever text field or text area in that application
3. Make the zone empty if needed, then type some text
4. The cursor is now at the end of the line, the last one if the zone allows multiple lines. If it is not the case go to the bottom end.
5. Press NVDA+up. NVDA says "empty" instead of reading the current line. This is the bug.
6. Move the cursor around with arrow keys such that the cursor is not at the bottom end anymore
7. Press NVDA+up again. Notice that in this case, NVDA actually read the current line. The bug happens only when being at the bottom end.
Additionnally, notice that NVDA says one ore more random letters (often "n") instead of saying "empty" when pressing insert+up in a empty text field.
Here is my configuration when noticed the bug :
NVDA 2011.3 beta, localized to french
Windows 7 32 bits, in french
Java JDK 1.6 update 24
Access bridge 2.0.1
I also noticed that same bug on windows XP.
Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-05-01 09:37
I've fixed the issue with reporting of random characters (I saw "n" too) in 1339081. The other part of the issue is fixed in 7ef99c3.
Milestone changed from None to 2012.2