New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP using NVDA 2016.2 #6033

Closed
MichelSuch opened this Issue Jun 2, 2016 · 16 comments

Comments

Projects
None yet
7 participants
@MichelSuch

MichelSuch commented Jun 2, 2016

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?

@derekriemer

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@derekriemer

derekriemer Jun 2, 2016

Collaborator

Actually, NVDA still supports XP.
Can you give more info (like does an error occur)? Also, are you sure
that word 2013 is supported on XP?
On 6/2/2016 10:41 AM, MichelSuch wrote:

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033, or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivSoKKoFpd7TYHAO6_FPSMKiWj8Zeks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer
  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Collaborator

derekriemer commented Jun 2, 2016

Actually, NVDA still supports XP.
Can you give more info (like does an error occur)? Also, are you sure
that word 2013 is supported on XP?
On 6/2/2016 10:41 AM, MichelSuch wrote:

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033, or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivSoKKoFpd7TYHAO6_FPSMKiWj8Zeks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer
  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194

@MichelSuch

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@MichelSuch

MichelSuch Jun 2, 2016

Hi Derek,

Sorry, I mansionned Word 2013, this was wrong, the problem has only been
reported for 2007 version.

At this point, I understand that NVDA prevents Word from starting, but
I've asked for more details because I find this strange.

I'll let you know when I get more details.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 18:55, derekriemer a écrit :

Actually, NVDA still supports XP.
Can you give more info (like does an error occur)? Also, are you sure
that word 2013 is supported on XP?
On 6/2/2016 10:41 AM, MichelSuch wrote:

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivSoKKoFpd7TYHAO6_FPSMKiWj8Zeks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxoU0u6MOFKSDbOvjFryd_Ahk_roks5qHwrwgaJpZM4IswKH.

MichelSuch commented Jun 2, 2016

Hi Derek,

Sorry, I mansionned Word 2013, this was wrong, the problem has only been
reported for 2007 version.

At this point, I understand that NVDA prevents Word from starting, but
I've asked for more details because I find this strange.

I'll let you know when I get more details.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 18:55, derekriemer a écrit :

Actually, NVDA still supports XP.
Can you give more info (like does an error occur)? Also, are you sure
that word 2013 is supported on XP?
On 6/2/2016 10:41 AM, MichelSuch wrote:

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivSoKKoFpd7TYHAO6_FPSMKiWj8Zeks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxoU0u6MOFKSDbOvjFryd_Ahk_roks5qHwrwgaJpZM4IswKH.

@josephsl

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@josephsl

josephsl Jun 2, 2016

Collaborator

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub #6033 , or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH .

Collaborator

josephsl commented Jun 2, 2016

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub #6033 , or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH .

@MichelSuch

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@MichelSuch

MichelSuch Jun 2, 2016

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.

MichelSuch commented Jun 2, 2016

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.

@josephsl

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@josephsl

josephsl Jun 2, 2016

Collaborator

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub #6033 (comment) , or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH .

Collaborator

josephsl commented Jun 2, 2016

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub #6033 (comment) , or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH .

@derekriemer

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@derekriemer

derekriemer Jun 2, 2016

Collaborator

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer
  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Collaborator

derekriemer commented Jun 2, 2016

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer
  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194

@MichelSuch

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@MichelSuch

MichelSuch Jun 3, 2016

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.

MichelSuch commented Jun 3, 2016

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.

@Brian1Gaff

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@Brian1Gaff

Brian1Gaff Jun 3, 2016

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)

Brian1Gaff commented Jun 3, 2016

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)

@MichelSuch

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@MichelSuch

MichelSuch Jun 3, 2016

Hi Brian,

No, they told me that when NVDA is not loaded, Word starts normally.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-03 à 10:31, Brian1Gaff a écrit :

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing
occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when
you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub

#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj9G5uCwdbZ3yX2lB4avwSnOXWm5qks5qH-ZqgaJpZM4IswKH.

MichelSuch commented Jun 3, 2016

Hi Brian,

No, they told me that when NVDA is not loaded, Word starts normally.

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-03 à 10:31, Brian1Gaff a écrit :

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing
occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when
you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub

#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj9G5uCwdbZ3yX2lB4avwSnOXWm5qks5qH-ZqgaJpZM4IswKH.

@josephsl

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@josephsl

josephsl Jun 3, 2016

Collaborator

CC @michaelDCurran

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 1:47 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Brian,

No, they told me that when NVDA is not loaded, Word starts normally.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-03 à 10:31, Brian1Gaff a écrit :

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing
occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when
you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub

#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj9G5uCwdbZ3yX2lB4avwSnOXWm5qks5qH-ZqgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub #6033 (comment) , or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkAPqpYyDy0Y5wXqDcLFmjNzASPVjks5qH-n2gaJpZM4IswKH .

Collaborator

josephsl commented Jun 3, 2016

CC @michaelDCurran

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 1:47 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Brian,

No, they told me that when NVDA is not loaded, Word starts normally.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-03 à 10:31, Brian1Gaff a écrit :

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing
occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when
you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub

#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj9G5uCwdbZ3yX2lB4avwSnOXWm5qks5qH-ZqgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub #6033 (comment) , or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkAPqpYyDy0Y5wXqDcLFmjNzASPVjks5qH-n2gaJpZM4IswKH .

@Brian1Gaff

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@Brian1Gaff

Brian1Gaff Jun 5, 2016

Right, I've found an issue sometimes when word of any vintage starts, the
main text field does not work. Sometimes alttab and back restores it at
others I get Microsoft word has stopped responding, and a file with a $ at
the start in the current folder I'm using
This happens in any operating system but not all the time. It can occur in
both loading it via loading the document, or just a blank new occurence.
Its as if something is running aat the worng time sometimes and screwing up
Word.
I'm not sure how far back this might go, as I might have blamed the file or
Windows before, but since you say no nvda and it works, that is odd.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "josephsl" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: "Brian1Gaff" bglists@blueyonder.co.uk; "Comment"
comment@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

CC @michaelDCurran

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 1:47 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Brian,

No, they told me that when NVDA is not loaded, Word starts normally.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-03 à 10:31, Brian1Gaff a écrit :

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing
occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when
you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub

#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj9G5uCwdbZ3yX2lB4avwSnOXWm5qks5qH-ZqgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment) , or
mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkAPqpYyDy0Y5wXqDcLFmjNzASPVjks5qH-n2gaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)

Brian1Gaff commented Jun 5, 2016

Right, I've found an issue sometimes when word of any vintage starts, the
main text field does not work. Sometimes alttab and back restores it at
others I get Microsoft word has stopped responding, and a file with a $ at
the start in the current folder I'm using
This happens in any operating system but not all the time. It can occur in
both loading it via loading the document, or just a blank new occurence.
Its as if something is running aat the worng time sometimes and screwing up
Word.
I'm not sure how far back this might go, as I might have blamed the file or
Windows before, but since you say no nvda and it works, that is odd.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "josephsl" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: "Brian1Gaff" bglists@blueyonder.co.uk; "Comment"
comment@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

CC @michaelDCurran

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 1:47 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013 under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Brian,

No, they told me that when NVDA is not loaded, Word starts normally.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-03 à 10:31, Brian1Gaff a écrit :

First thing to check is to unload nvda and see if the same thing
occurs. Its
always possible that an office update has screwed the programs up when
you
run them in XP.
I have the hack on XP here to get system updates, so cannot try this idea
out easily.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "MichelSuch" notifications@github.com
To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda@noreply.github.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I've got soe more information.

In fact, NVDA does not crash.

Word starts, and then closes at once.

I cannot imagine how this is possible, but reported by 2 users.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 21:12, derekriemer a écrit :

Remember to remove any sensitive information from his log.

On 6/2/2016 11:59 AM, josephsl wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell your friend: when the error happens again, can you attach
both nvda.log and nvdaOld.log to this ticket so one of us can examine
it? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:50 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Cc: josephsl joseph.lee22590@gmail.com; Comment
comment@noreply.github.com
Subject: Re: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi Joseph,

XP SP3.

Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-02 à 19:48, josephsl a écrit :

Hi,

Which XP version is this – RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3? NVDA 2016.2 will
require XP SP2 or later, and the version of Office that’ll work fine
would be 2007 or 2010 (Office 2013 requires certain CPU features).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: MichelSuch [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:42 AM
To: nvaccess/nvda nvda@noreply.github.com
Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Problem starting MSWord 2007 or 2013
under XP
using NVDA 2016.2 (#6033)

Hi,

I know that Windows XP is nomore really supported by NVDA, but many
people still use it.
To-day, I have been reported that Word 2007 and 2013 refuse to start
with NVDA 2016.2.
This did not happen with previous versions.
Is there something that could be done to fix this?


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 , or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkKsxP4o-ryRPKPwQ-ahjTeoS18nSks5qHwfXgaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub

#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjxeg8eCT4U2xb-QgTyVsrjOXnAF5ks5qHxeDgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment)
, or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkEfU8RB8TAVUNjj5Mau7F_20aLm3ks5qHxe9gaJpZM4IswKH

.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AFGivUyoX0L82_R4BnlDcFwURMMfdkmhks5qHxn5gaJpZM4IswKH.


Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com
Awesome little hand built weather app!
http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu
Phone: (303) 906-2194


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread

https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj83g7PhYc8XtDTGTg30AlhXzYkeSks5qHyszgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCj9G5uCwdbZ3yX2lB4avwSnOXWm5qks5qH-ZqgaJpZM4IswKH.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment) , or
mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/AHgLkAPqpYyDy0Y5wXqDcLFmjNzASPVjks5qH-n2gaJpZM4IswKH
.


You are receiving this because you commented.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#6033 (comment)

@jcsteh jcsteh added the appCrash label Jun 6, 2016

@jcsteh jcsteh self-assigned this Jun 6, 2016

@jcsteh

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@jcsteh

jcsteh Jun 6, 2016

Contributor

Confirmed. This particular issue seems to be specific to XP and is 100% reproduceable. (We believe intermittent Word crashes with other Windows versions are unrelated.)

Technical: Here's the crash stack.

Note that i forgot to load symbols for this first bit, so ignore the symbol name:

(1d20.1d14): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)
First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
This exception may be expected and handled.
eax=00000000 ebx=00022280 ecx=02eae420 edx=00000000 esi=02eae420 edi=02eae450
eip=10017b79 esp=0012f448 ebp=0012f498 iopl=0         nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000             efl=00010282
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\Program Files\NVDA\lib\nvdaHelperRemote.dll - 
nvdaHelperRemote!nvdaControllerInternal_installAddonPackageFromPath+0x1419:
10017b79 8b1490          mov     edx,dword ptr [eax+edx*4] ds:0023:00000000=????????

Symbols are loaded correctly from here.

0:000> kp
ChildEBP RetAddr  
0012f498 10017dec nvdaHelperRemote!getHeadingLevelFromParagraph(struct IDispatch * pDispatchParagraph = 0x02eae420)+0x39 [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 367]
0012f4ac 1001998c nvdaHelperRemote!generateHeadingXML(struct IDispatch * pDispatchParagraph = 0x02eae420, struct IDispatch * pDispatchParagraphRange = 0x02eae450, int startOffset = 0n0, int endOffset = 0n1, class std::basic_ostringstream<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > * XMLStream = 0x0012f568)+0xc [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 412]
0012f6c8 1001ac8a nvdaHelperRemote!winword_getTextInRange_helper(struct HWND__ * hwnd = <Value unavailable error>, struct winword_getTextInRange_args * args = 0x00000000, struct std::pair<long,long> * _Parg = <Value unavailable error>, unsigned int _Count = <Value unavailable error>, void * _Ptr = <Value unavailable error>)+0x52c [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 878]
0012f6d0 10009f98 nvdaHelperRemote!winword_callWndProcHook(int code = 0n0, unsigned int wParam = 1, long lParam = 0n1242948)+0x3a [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 1055]
0012f710 7e42b372 nvdaHelperRemote!inProcess_callWndProcHook(int code = 0n0, unsigned int wParam = 1, long lParam = 0n1242948, void * <_Args_0> = <Value unavailable error>, struct std::_Tree_node<std::pair<long (__stdcall*const)(int,unsigned int,long),unsigned int>,void *> * _Pnode = 0x001c6b00)+0xe8 [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\inprocess.cpp @ 142]
0012f72c 7e4565b7 USER32!DispatchHookW+0x31
0012f754 7e428eec USER32!fnHkINLPCWPSTRUCTW+0x4f
0012f77c 7c90e453 USER32!__fnDWORD+0x24
0012f7a0 7e4193e9 ntdll!KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0x13
0012f7cc 7e419402 USER32!NtUserPeekMessage+0xc
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\wwlib.dll - 
0012f7f8 312a0dbb USER32!PeekMessageW+0xbc
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
0012f814 312a0d73 wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5c171
0012f838 312a0d36 wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5c129
0012f87c 312a3e9b wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5c0ec
0012f8b0 312a3a3c wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5f251
0012f8c4 312a38ee wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5edf2
0012f944 312bd7c0 wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5eca4
0012f958 312a27ab wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x78b76
0012f980 31244c0e wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5db61
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\WINWORD.EXE - 
0012ff0c 300015d7 wwlib!FMain+0x6ac
0012ff30 3000155d WINWORD+0x15d7
0012ffc0 7c817067 WINWORD+0x155d
0012fff0 00000000 kernel32!BaseProcessStart+0x23
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jun 6, 2016

Confirmed. This particular issue seems to be specific to XP and is 100% reproduceable. (We believe intermittent Word crashes with other Windows versions are unrelated.)

Technical: Here's the crash stack.

Note that i forgot to load symbols for this first bit, so ignore the symbol name:

(1d20.1d14): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)
First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
This exception may be expected and handled.
eax=00000000 ebx=00022280 ecx=02eae420 edx=00000000 esi=02eae420 edi=02eae450
eip=10017b79 esp=0012f448 ebp=0012f498 iopl=0         nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000             efl=00010282
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\Program Files\NVDA\lib\nvdaHelperRemote.dll - 
nvdaHelperRemote!nvdaControllerInternal_installAddonPackageFromPath+0x1419:
10017b79 8b1490          mov     edx,dword ptr [eax+edx*4] ds:0023:00000000=????????

Symbols are loaded correctly from here.

0:000> kp
ChildEBP RetAddr  
0012f498 10017dec nvdaHelperRemote!getHeadingLevelFromParagraph(struct IDispatch * pDispatchParagraph = 0x02eae420)+0x39 [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 367]
0012f4ac 1001998c nvdaHelperRemote!generateHeadingXML(struct IDispatch * pDispatchParagraph = 0x02eae420, struct IDispatch * pDispatchParagraphRange = 0x02eae450, int startOffset = 0n0, int endOffset = 0n1, class std::basic_ostringstream<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > * XMLStream = 0x0012f568)+0xc [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 412]
0012f6c8 1001ac8a nvdaHelperRemote!winword_getTextInRange_helper(struct HWND__ * hwnd = <Value unavailable error>, struct winword_getTextInRange_args * args = 0x00000000, struct std::pair<long,long> * _Parg = <Value unavailable error>, unsigned int _Count = <Value unavailable error>, void * _Ptr = <Value unavailable error>)+0x52c [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 878]
0012f6d0 10009f98 nvdaHelperRemote!winword_callWndProcHook(int code = 0n0, unsigned int wParam = 1, long lParam = 0n1242948)+0x3a [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\winword.cpp @ 1055]
0012f710 7e42b372 nvdaHelperRemote!inProcess_callWndProcHook(int code = 0n0, unsigned int wParam = 1, long lParam = 0n1242948, void * <_Args_0> = <Value unavailable error>, struct std::_Tree_node<std::pair<long (__stdcall*const)(int,unsigned int,long),unsigned int>,void *> * _Pnode = 0x001c6b00)+0xe8 [c:\projects\nvda\build\x86\remote\inprocess.cpp @ 142]
0012f72c 7e4565b7 USER32!DispatchHookW+0x31
0012f754 7e428eec USER32!fnHkINLPCWPSTRUCTW+0x4f
0012f77c 7c90e453 USER32!__fnDWORD+0x24
0012f7a0 7e4193e9 ntdll!KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0x13
0012f7cc 7e419402 USER32!NtUserPeekMessage+0xc
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\wwlib.dll - 
0012f7f8 312a0dbb USER32!PeekMessageW+0xbc
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
0012f814 312a0d73 wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5c171
0012f838 312a0d36 wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5c129
0012f87c 312a3e9b wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5c0ec
0012f8b0 312a3a3c wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5f251
0012f8c4 312a38ee wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5edf2
0012f944 312bd7c0 wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5eca4
0012f958 312a27ab wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x78b76
0012f980 31244c0e wwlib!DllGetClassObject+0x5db61
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\WINWORD.EXE - 
0012ff0c 300015d7 wwlib!FMain+0x6ac
0012ff30 3000155d WINWORD+0x15d7
0012ffc0 7c817067 WINWORD+0x155d
0012fff0 00000000 kernel32!BaseProcessStart+0x23
@michaelDCurran

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
Contributor

michaelDCurran commented Jun 6, 2016

jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Jun 6, 2016

NVDA no longer causes Microsoft Word to crash immediately after it st…
…arts in Windows XP.

Static variables defined within functions are broken on Windows XP (Visual Studio bug 1941836), so use a global variable instead.
Fixes #6033.
@nvaccessAuto

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@nvaccessAuto

nvaccessAuto commented Jun 6, 2016

Incubated in 8b4b002.

@jcsteh jcsteh added this to the 2016.3 milestone Jun 6, 2016

@MichelSuch

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@MichelSuch

MichelSuch Jun 6, 2016

Hi,

User tells me that it works fine with latest next.

So, for me, this ticket can be closed.

Will there be a 2016.2.1 release to fix this, or should I tell to user
to come on with this next release?

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-06 à 07:41, NV Access automation a écrit :

Incubated in 8b4b002
8b4b002.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjzmj_WzZYSaikjQeeB5-_TOgyJYsks5qI7MRgaJpZM4IswKH.

MichelSuch commented Jun 6, 2016

Hi,

User tells me that it works fine with latest next.

So, for me, this ticket can be closed.

Will there be a 2016.2.1 release to fix this, or should I tell to user
to come on with this next release?

                 Michel SUCH

michel.such@free.fr
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel

Le 2016-06-06 à 07:41, NV Access automation a écrit :

Incubated in 8b4b002
8b4b002.


You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
#6033 (comment),
or mute the thread
https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe/APFCjzmj_WzZYSaikjQeeB5-_TOgyJYsks5qI7MRgaJpZM4IswKH.

jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Jun 10, 2016

NVDA no longer causes Microsoft Word to crash immediately after it st…
…arts in Windows XP.

Static variables defined within functions are broken on Windows XP (Visual Studio bug 1941836), so use a global variable instead.
Fixes #6033.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this in 72cdc1f Jun 10, 2016

@jcsteh jcsteh modified the milestones: 2016.2.1, 2016.3 Jun 10, 2016

@jcsteh

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@jcsteh

jcsteh Jun 10, 2016

Contributor

Fix included in NVDA 2016.2.1, which was released a few hours ago.

Contributor

jcsteh commented Jun 10, 2016

Fix included in NVDA 2016.2.1, which was released a few hours ago.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment