Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Debugging Braille Display Drivers
If the driver you want to debug uses the
hwIo module (for raw input/output) and/or the
hwPortUtils module (for scanning for devices), these modules can optionally provide detailed debug logging. For
hwIo, this includes all data sent and received. For
hwPortUtils, this includes all devices found.
To enable this, follow these instructions:
- Open the NVDA menu and select Preferences -> General settings.
- Set the Logging level to debug.
- Press OK.
- Press NVDA+control+z to open the NVDA Python console.
- Paste the following command:
import config; config.conf["debugLog"]["hwIo"] = True
- Close the Python console.
- Save NVDA's configuration by pressing NVDA+control+c.
Once this is done, this extra information will be included in the NVDA log file, which you can access by selecting Tools -> View log from the NVDA menu.
Drivers which Don't Use hwIo
If the driver you want to debug does not use the
hwIo module, the driver is responsible for its own input/output debug logging. This may mean you need to add debug logging calls to the driver yourself.