Template of a working Packer template with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Download Packer for your platform
- Download Jetbrains
- Download the ISO you want to build the VM from and upload to WorkloadDatastore/ISO (create an ISO folder in the WorkloadDatastore). If you want to follow my example, download the Ubuntu ISO.
- Download ubuntu-18.04-working template.json and preseed.cfg
- Update the JSON file above with the right credentials and other settings, such as Network segment you want the VM to be attached.
- Run the following command:
packer build ubuntu-18.04-working template.json
Watch the VM getting built !