definitions/metal/ubuntu-12.04.sh and put your own SSH keys. Then launch
it on the machine to be included in the cluser with:
Then install the playdrone environment. See the files in the
nodes-example directory. Tweak
them as needed, then run
- Download the ubuntu 12.04 ISO and create the base VM image (only for dev)
- Install vim-config, zsh-config, tmux-config (and keep them updated)
- Install the basic sys admin tools (htop, sysstat, iftop, ...)
- Setup the SSDs in RAID0 and mount on /srv (only in production)
- Install graphite (with apache, django, memcached, rabbitmq) and Etsy StatsD
- Install collectd configured to send data to graphite every 1s
- Install elasticsearch 0.90.0.RC2 with Oracle JDK 7 in a cluster configuration with the plugins head, paramedic and inquisitor
- Install nginx in front of elasticsearch for access control
- Install RVM + Ruby 1.9.3-p327 with falcon patch + aggressive GC/heap tuning
- Install irb-config
Once done, you can deploy playdrone with capistrano, from the playdrone repository.
Make sure you have the latest RVM:
curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable
rvm install ruby-1.9.3-p392
Reload your shell (exit and come back).
Run the bootstrap script:
Note: Do not type anything in the VM window during the creation of the base VM image, it may break the installation procedure.
PlayDrone Kitchen is released under the MIT license.