Clone this wiki locally
Pretty basemap tiles and compelling interactive maps.
Most of these tile services have TMS endpoints so you can use them in your own map application. Some include the source code so you can build them yourself.
- OpenStreetMap.org - Default OSM tile rendering.
- MapQuest Open - Custom OSM tile rendering.
- Acetate - Grey maps from Stamen and GeoIQ, perfect for a subtle background for your colorful thematic overlays. Scroll down to the previews section. on Github
- MapBox Light - Grey maps from Development Seed similar to Acetate.
- Toner - Black and white maps from Stamen and the Knight Foundation. on Gitub
- Terrain maps - A collection of files for generating the OSM US Terrain Map. on Github