qgis-openlayers-plugin is a QGIS plugin embedding OpenLayers functionality.
It allows you to add basemaps to QGIS from:
- Google Physical, Google Streets, Google Hybrid, Google Satellite
- OpenCycleMap, OCM Landscape, OCM Public Transport
- Yahoo Street, Yahoo Hybrid, Yahoo Satellite
- Bing Road, Bing Aerial, Bing Aerial with labels
- Apple iPhoto map
- Stamen Toner/OSM, Stamen Watercolor/OSM, Stamen Terrain-USA/OSM
Installation is simple in recent versions of QGIS, just go to:
- Start QGIS
- From the Plugins menu -> click Fetch Python Plugins menu item
- Click "Add 3rd Party Repositories" in the repositories tab. It'll do some stuff.
- Search for and install "OpenLayers Plugin" in the Plugins tab.
- Restart QGIS, and find your new menu under Plugins -> OpenLayers Plugin.
- When you pan and zoom, QGIS will automatically update the linked basemap layer.
NOTE: Minimum QGIS version seems to be 1.7.4?
Does not work with 1.7.0 due to missing OSGEO python dependencies.
If you include these basemaps in your final map layout, make sure to credit the original author.
Need a basemap that reprojects out of web Mercator on the fly? Check out the "goodies" folder here.
qgis-openlayers-plugin is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Copyright (c) 2010 Pirmin Kalberer & Mathias Walker, Sourcepole AG