Welcome to the paclink-unix distribution.
paclink-unix is a UNIX/Linux client for the Winlink 2000 ham radio email system. It allows the use of email clients to compose & read Winlink messages. Currently mutt, claws-mail, rainloop & thunderbird are actively supported but any mail client that uses IMAP should work.
paclink-unix was originally written by Nicholas S. Castellano N2QZ
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
See the COPYING file for the complete license or click on this link.
Installation notes can be found at this link
Forum & code repository
- Both yahoo groups & the SourceForge repository are deprecated please do not use them. Instead use:
- To get a copy of the repository using git:
git clone https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/paclink-unix
- or using wget to create a zipped tarball
# To create a tar zipped file, rmsgw.tgz wget -O paclink-unix.tgz https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/paclink-unix/tarball/master # To create a directory with source files from the zipped tarball wget -O - https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/rmsgw/tarball/master | tar -xz
There are some detailed installation notes at this link
paclink-unix is built using autotools
- The entire change log can be viewed here
01/17/2020 version 0.10
- Fix timeout when transfering many or large files.
- Add gridsquare requirement to config and display warning if not configured.
- Gridsquare is required for linBPQ32 fix, which is used instead of QTC
- Get rid of all console output in sigalrm() routine which causedg spurious output on timeout detect.
- Detect if ax25 socket has been closed when waiting for a response between outbound & inbound parsing.
12/26/2019 version 0.9
- The QTC line is not output anymore due to linBPQ32 22.214.171.124 crashing when it tries to parse it.
- To be closer to what Winlink Express looks like that line now looks like the following.
- This means that gridsquare= needs to be set in the configuration file.
; VE7SPR-10 DE N7NIX (CN88nl)
5/9/2019 version 0.8
- Fixed upper casing password in hash_input
- Multi case passwords now work.
4/27/2018 version 0.7
- Peer-to-peer working with Airmail & Winlink Express
Other files you might want to peruse:
|ChangeLog||Detailed list of changes|
|NEWS||Summary of feature changes and fixes|
|COPYING||GPL version 2|