A website that automatically formats and populates earthquake data using API calls.
‣ The purpose of DataQuake is to log pertinent information regarding all recent earthquakes within the past day, week, and month.
‣ Information about each earthquake includes its location, magnitude, and timestamp.
‣ All data is updated in real time, and all information gathered is provided by the United States Geology Survey (USGS).
‣ A map is included to give visual and spatial cues on the frequency, location, and magnitude of earthquakes.
‣ Knowing when and where earthquakes occur could be useful for planning your next vacation.
‣ Sifts through heaps of information by gathering data automatically via an API call to the USGS database.
‣ Dynamically generates a map using the Google Maps API that graphs earthquakes with circles that have radii proportional to their magnitudes.
‣ Utilized jQuery calls to modify HTML structures and classes when the user clicks on buttons in order to create an integrated user interface.
‣ Implemented an animated koala that climbs up and down a tree trunk by separating an image into components and animating individual shapes.