Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- rakudo-CentOS7.4.1708-20171000-01.x86_64.rpm 7.74 MB
- rakudo-CentOS7.4.1708-20171000-01.x86_64.rpm.sha1 87 Bytes
- rakudo-Debian8.9_20171000-01_amd64.deb 7.8 MB
- rakudo-Debian8.9_20171000-01_amd64.deb.sha1 81 Bytes
- rakudo-Debian9.2_20171000-01_amd64.deb 7.8 MB
- rakudo-Debian9.2_20171000-01_amd64.deb.sha1 81 Bytes
- rakudo-Fedora25-20171000-01.x86_64.rpm 7.75 MB
- rakudo-Fedora25-20171000-01.x86_64.rpm.sha1 81 Bytes
- rakudo-Fedora26-20171000-01.x86_64.rpm 7.75 MB
- rakudo-Fedora26-20171000-01.x86_64.rpm.sha1 81 Bytes
- rakudo-Ubuntu14.04_20171000-01_amd64.deb 7.8 MB
- rakudo-Ubuntu14.04_20171000-01_amd64.deb.sha1 83 Bytes
- rakudo-Ubuntu16.04_20171000-01_amd64.deb 7.8 MB
- rakudo-Ubuntu16.04_20171000-01_amd64.deb.sha1 83 Bytes
- rakudo-Ubuntu16.04_20171000-01_i386.deb 7.62 MB
- rakudo-Ubuntu16.04_20171000-01_i386.deb.sha1 82 Bytes
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.04_20171000-01_amd64.deb 7.81 MB
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.04_20171000-01_amd64.deb.sha1 83 Bytes
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.04_20171000-01_i386.deb 7.63 MB
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.04_20171000-01_i386.deb.sha1 82 Bytes
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.10_20171000-01_amd64.deb 7.82 MB
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.10_20171000-01_amd64.deb.sha1 83 Bytes
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.10_20171000-01_i386.deb 7.63 MB
- rakudo-Ubuntu17.10_20171000-01_i386.deb.sha1 82 Bytes
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
If you're using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (aka Bash or Ubuntu on Windows 10), use the Ubuntu 16.04 package (or the 14.04 one if running an older release) and run /opt/rakudo/bin/fix_windows10 after the installation.
While rakudo-pkg is mainly meant to provide automatic native package creation for system administrators or advanced users, the packages created with rakudo-pkg are released here for end-users. 32-bit packages are not JIT enabled.
The packages can be installed with the default graphical application manager or if you prefer through the command line:
Centos and Fedora:
rpm -Uvh *.rpm
Debian and Ubuntu:
dpkg -i *.deb
(You can uninstall the package with yum, dnf and apt-get respectively. Do this first to get a clean /opt/rakudo)
The packages are minimalistic by design: they don't run any pre/post scripts and all the files are installed in /opt/rakudo. You'll have to add /opt/rakudo/bin to your PATH. Add this to your .bashrc (or corresponding environment script for other shells):
Install the Zef Module Manager and modules
In /opt/rakudo/bin you'll find two additional scripts to install the zef Perl 6 module manager:
install_zef_as_user: install zef it in ~/.perl6 install_zef_as_root: install zef in /opt/rakudo as root (use sudo)
You'll need to add the bin directories to your PATH (as the scripts will print).
The following changes were included in this release:
- Bump Rakudo to version 2017.10.
- Addition of Ubuntu 14.04 amd packages (useful for Travis CI).
- New packaging naming scheme for easier upgrades.
[For Rakudo changes on this release, have a look upstream: http://rakudo.org/]